A Christmas Kiss

Snow blankets covered  Manhattan, it covers the cars, the sidewalks, and the trees.
NYPD Special Victims Captain Olivia Benson sat behind her desk and sighed heavily, she groaned in frustration as she rubbed her temples. The squad's most recent case had left the seasoned officer weary, a husband and wife duo raped and murdered their ten year-old foster daughter and video taped it, Olivia felt sick to her stomach as the crime scene images are forever seared into her mind.

Now though, Olivia and everyone else in the squad turned their thoughts and attention to the festive time of year, after putting the case file away, Olivia returned to staring out the window of her office, when suddenly a light knocking on her office door brought her back to the present,

"Who is it?" Liv asked,

"Amanda," came a simple reply.

The brunette smiled, she had longed to see the younger blonde today and had yet to do so,

"Come in, Amanda," Liv says.

The office door opened and in walked Amanda Rollins, dressed in a simple green button up shirt and a pair of black slacks, in her hands she carried two neatly wrapped gifts.

"Hey Liv, I saw that you were still here, so I thought I'd bring you your gifts." the younger woman said as she brings the presents over to her Boss' desk.

Olivia opened her desk drawer and pulled out a pair of gifts as well.

"Noah and I got these for you and Jesse." Olivia said, her brown eyes sparkling with mirth.

"Thanks Liv, say my Mom is coming to pick Jesse up tomorrow so could I maybe bring her over and she and Noah could open their gifts together?"

"I don't see why not, Amanda. Noah has been wanting to see Jesse and you again for a while now." the brunette answers, still smiling.

"Ok, I'll go home and get ready, you want me to bring anything?" the blonde asked.

"Just you and Jesse's toothbrushes and maybe some pajamas." Liv said suggestively.

The older woman's comment catches Amanda completely off guard, making her blush intensely.

Later that evening, Olivia's apartment was filled with the joyous sound of Christmas music and the musical laughter of Jesse Rollins and Noah Benson, who are being chased around the room by Amanda, who is chasing after the two children on her hands and knees.

"Hot chocolate is ready." Olivia calls out from the dining room, Amanda gets to her feet before turning to Noah and Jesse.

"Let's go wash our hands, you two."

"Ok." Jesse and Noah say in unison.

Olivia smiles as she watched as Amanda led Jesse and Noah into the kitchen so they could wash their hands. The trio soon returned with washed hands, Amanda led Jesse and Noah to their seats before taking a seat herself next to Olivia.

Three hours later, Noah and Jesse are both asleep, the two parents pick up their respective child and carried them to a bedroom. Amanda laid Jesse down on the bed in the Guest room while Liv took Noah to his room. Afterwards, Olivia and Amanda return to the living room and sit down together on the loveseat.

"Thanks for suggesting the sleepover, Liv." Amanda said, a weary grin on her face.

Olivia didn't speak, she silently took Amanda's left hand and caressed it gently, the simple gesture sparked butterflies to form in the blonde's stomach.
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Amanda found her voice.

"So Liv, did you like the gift I got you?" the blonde asked.

Olivia looked at Amanda, then down at the three karat sterling silver brooch draped across her right wrist. A bright smile spread across Liv's features.

"I love it, Amanda." Olivia replied.

Amanda's face lit up with happiness, she leaned over and kissed the brunette gently on the lips. The blonde's heart skipped a beat as Olivia deepened the kiss, Amanda was stunned for a second before she regained her senses and began returning Liv's kiss.