Power From Me to You

Cassandra's POV-

It wasn't supposed to happen this way- Cassandra held her chest, a hand grasped over her heart.

Zhan Tiri, the wicked little girl in disguise had broken through her defenses and taken everything from her.

Angry tears filled her eyes as she watched the demon entity transform into her true form; the beast of a ram with an octopus body.

Magic crackled powerfully from her as she laughed.

"Cass! Cass!! Snap out of it!", Rapunzel's voice called but Cassandra could barely hear it, her voice sounding far away.

She was nothing.

Nothing without that moonstone...

"Cassie!!", Varian called, breaking her out of her descent into darkness.

She looked up slowly, "...Varian..?"

"Don't give up!!! You never give up!! The Cass I know keeps going on even though the odds are against her!! Please Cass!! You're everything without that moonstone!!! You got true power within yourself!", Varian yelled from the doorway as Zhan Tiri trapped him in a cage of Eclipse rocks.

Cassandra looked up.

Life coursing back through her eyes as she stood up as Rapunzel saw the new determination through her friend's eyes.

"Let's best this damn demon shall we Raps?", Cass asked holding out a hand.

Rapunzel grinned, "Yeah let's get her!"

The battle passed in a blur to Cassandra as the final piece was done, Rapunzel's hair getting cut and the explosion of light.
-----------------
Varian's POV-

Varian blinked.

His eyes stinging from the sudden explosion of light that had enveloped him.

He felt a rush of energy go through him for a moment before it disappeared as Rapunzel's voice broke through.

"We did it!! We did it Cass!!", Rapunzel's jubilant laugh was heard but he heard her trail off her voice immediately cracking.

"Wait- what's wro-?", Varian asked stopping as he ran over to Cassandra, immediately grabbing her and cradling her in his arms.

Tears filled his burning eyes as he pressed his forehead to hers, his dark brown hair spilling onto hers.

"No, no, no, please not after all we've been through... Demanitus, please no.", he cried as he grabbed her cold hand in his, "I-I love you Cassie, please don't!!"

"I won't let her Varian, trust me.", Rapunzel said as he glanced up at her.

"She's... Cass is already gone...", he sobbed looking at her still pale face.

Rapunzel set her eyes upon the eclipse stone, "Not if I can help it... no one is dying on me!!!"

"Flower gleam and glow... let your power shine-.", she chanted the eclipse stone glowing violently, "change the fates design... heal what has been hurt ...and bring back what once was mine..."

Magic waves of blue and white energy flowed over the castle and Cass suddenly gasped, life filling her lungs.

Varian smiled, drawing Cass close to him, "Cassie!!! CASSIE!!!", he said over and over as she clung onto him weakly.

"I-I can't hold onto IT!!!", Rapunzel suddenly yelled as the eclipse stone shot out from her hands and whizzed past Varian and Cassandra.

Varian felt its pulsing magic right before it shot up into the sky faster then light, disappearing forever out of reach.

"Did... did we win??", Cassandra choked out her chest heaving as she caught her breath.

"Yeah... but only because of you Cass!!!", Varian cried pulling her close again and nearly kissing her on the forehead but managed to stop himself, "You're incredible, I'm sorry you never realized that and felt like you had to have the stone to make you feel like someone... you're so much more!", he consoled her.

"Th-Thank you Varian...", Cass's quiet voice replied hugging him back as she buried her head into his shoulder.

"No problem Cassie."

Varian felt his heart rise as a sudden twang pulled it, but just as quickly as he felt it had gone-

Little did he know the power he would have to face as he embraced Cassandra lovingly.