Day 3: Erevan

Upon our departure, I scoured the room for any knowledgeable items I could take without permission to study for myself. The wizard's spellbook was upon the table and two gemstones, amongst the precariously stacked equipment and components, glistened in the candle light before I blew it out whilst walking out the door, rear of the pack. I hastily swiped those into my backpack. Tonight's camp would be filled with insightful training and organisation of my supplies.

At the front was Ella, probably feeling proud of herself for leading us back along some corridors we had already been in. I left the dwarf handle the human wizard - he seemed like he needed to let out some of his anger and it was amusing to see a stocky mountain dwarf built for forging and war, amount to walking a human like a pet in some manacles to hand over to another human for the sake of justice. If you ask me, dwarves as a species should pay for their injustices over the millennia, too, but that is below my concern.

Ella and Dain insisted we save the hostages, which I suppose was the right thing to do. The girl especially seemed to fear my every move, flinching and not taking her gaze away from my bronze skin. She had probably never seen a creature of such divine design and elegance as a High Sun Elf, so I forgave her initial actions and behaviour towards me. Iarno had the key and reluctantly freed the caged humans. The first thing the mother did was slap him hard around the face. I chuckled much, she was a feisty woman - although not causing any real damage to the man. And, just to Dain's approval, Arya found that some barrels in the room were containing wine. I did not resist the alcoholic little dwarfs command to seize them and bring the refreshment back to camp with us.

Ella escorted the freed family back to wherever they lived, I figured. She was able to be amicable and gain their liking basically instantly - the chatty creatures. Meanwhile, Arya, the dwarf and I headed straight for the Town Hall to claim our prize... and turn in the wizard who used a 'splash of dark magic' and organised bandits for thieving and kidnapping. The puny Town Master repeatedly barked orders, although his demands were drowned in the lack of attention everybody gave him as stood to the side, constantly trying to claim his wishful dominance. Sildar kept serious complexion but he was joyous. Our reward was 250G each, including Ella that we would give to her later. It turns out that Iarno had heard of Black Spider through the Lords Alliance itself. They were aware of his existence, and had lost his whereabouts. Although Sildar promised his threats were lies, we all had our suspicions. I think Dain was hopeful for a lead on his cousin, but I just thought the whole ordeal sounded untrustworthy.

The evening consisted of Dain conversing with the blacksmith to patch up his armour. The helmet had a hole and needed reinforcing, as well as the broken chains wanted a mend. When the little man returned, he had entirely upgraded himself a new suit, using remains of his old one to part exchange and barter a price.

Next, we met with Ella, returning from a lane nearby the mining exchange, down into the town square where we currently were. She had a beaming smile upon her face and informed us of a 'brilliant idea' that she told us about on our venture back to the little outskirt spot we had been using as our camp area for the last couple of nights. My tent was the grandest - made from the finest of material. It had travelled all across the region with me on my many travels, gifted by my parents almost 100 years ago - I respected to keep it in good condition and repair. Meanwhile, Arya was eagerly sewing hers and Ella's leather suits in places they had received cuts.

"I have invited the girl to join us at breakfast tomorrow. Her name is Lily and she is going to become my apprentice. She has a passion for adventure and a strong desire to learn more skills. Personally, I think she could be a fine asset to our team and she is young but I can see the potential within her. I left her with her mother to discuss her choice and spend time with them for the night. I expect everyone to be respectful and considerate in the morning - make her feel welcome." Announced Ella.