FIFTEEN

⇥✰⇤
Hungry eyes

The group all rushed back into the mall once they saw Billy parked outside and the car wouldn't start. Max and Mavis helped El inside as they stood under the neon lights once again.

Mike tried to get into contact with anyone over the walkie, no answer. El and Mavis sat down together, hand in hand.

"This is so scary." Mavis admitted as El turned to her with a eyebrow raise.

"I'll protect you." the taller girl said as Mavis cracked a small smile.

"Cool." Mavis said to her as El grinned.

"Cool." she said back, listening to Mikes endless chatter on the walkie.

"Look i'm strong, but this shit burns." Mavis groaned a few minutes later as the party tried to flip the car over to get the ignition cable.

"This is pointless." Carrie sighed as they all dropped the car with a huff.

"Let me try." El spoke up as Mavis sighed.

"El-" she began but was cut off by the girl stepping forward and trying to use her powers to flip the car. Everyone stepped back as she did so, watching her nose bleed before the car barley lifted, indicating El was to weak.

"I'm sorry." the girl apologized as Mavis shook her head.

"It's okay... I have a idea." the pink haired girl said as she looked back at Mike.

"Three, two, one, push!" Mavis yelled out as the party all used the mettle chairs, they found in one of the shops, to get the car over with a small huff.

"Told you, physics." Mike said with a half smile as Mavis laughed and high fived him. Jonathan and Nancy began to try and get the hood of the car open, Mavis went to help before Max's voice cut off.

"What is she doing?" the redhead asked as Mavis turned to see El searching through the trash can with a confused look on her face.

"El, honey. Are you okay?" Mavis asked her as she approached slowly, El turned to her with blood dripping down her nose and nodded slowly. Mavis pulled the small thing of tissues she kept in her pocket and used it to wipe El's nose for her, throwing it in the trash can with a reassuring smile. A booming noise caught their attention as they slowly looked up, seeing the mindflayer walking on the star court ceiling.

"Come on!" Mike yelled as he rushed El,Max,Carrie, and Mavis off in the opposite direction. The mindflayer fell through the glass seconds later as they all hid behind counters in the mall, the four huddled together as much as possible and hoped their other friends did the same.

Dustins voice came through the walkie, making Mavis shut her eyes and squeeze Els hand tighter, the mind flayer crushing the walkie in seconds.

"It's turned away, if we go up the stairs now we'll make it." Mike whispered to the girls as he looked over the counter.

"What? No, not with Els leg." Max shook her head as Mavis nodded in agreement.

"We have to try." Mike argued before El jumped in.

"There's another way, through the gap." El said as Mavis looked over and nodded.

"She's right, it's safer and we could move faster through there with Els leg." Mavis whispered as she turned to Mike.

"Okay, stay close." he said as Mavis nodded. The four shot up quickly and ran into the store. Mike suddenly knocked down one of the poles in the entrance, making the mindflayer turn to them quickly and hurrying over, smooshing everything in its way. The four hid quickly with panicked faces, gasped as a mannequin dressed exactly like El was thrown next to them.

The claw of the mindflayer came right next to the four, they all tried to stay completely still in the best way they could despite the panic that set in. That was until the sound of a ballon popping made it let out a screech and go off in the other direction. Mavis sighed in relief as she felt El squeeze her hand back. Mike led the four through the gap and out the back door quickly.

"Shit." Max said as she saw Billy getting out of his burning car.

"Go go go!" Mavis said as her and Mike helped El off back into the mall as Max tried to shut the gate before running to catch up with them. The four ran back inside and through a small hallway that had control over the gate outside.

"Billy." Max said, catching the threes attention as they looked back and saw Max trying to compromise with her brother before he slammed her against the wall.

"Don't you hurt he-" Mavis began before she was punched in the jaw, a small crack echoing through the air as she passed out on the ground.

Mavis woke up to the feeling of someone shaking her, the pain in her jaw caused her face to throb. Mavis let out a small whine as she grabbed her jaw.

"I know I know." Mike shhed her as, her left jaw hanging a bit lower then her right.

"Mike." Mavis cried as she held it tightly.

"I think it's dislocated." Max said as she examined it, Mavis looked around worried, "I'm not sure."

"Where's El?" she asked, the pain long gone as she stood and rushed off with her friends following close behind her. As the trio got back into the main part of the mall, they came face to face with the mindflayer using his claw to stab straight through Billy's chest after he stopped it from hitting El. Max let out a cry as she ran over. Mavis quickly went to El as she cradled her.

"Mavis! Watch out!" Mav heard Carrie yell as she turned around just as one of the mindflayer claws shot straight through her lower stomach. Mavis heard El yell as the pain flew through her body, Mavis gasped as it yanked away. The blood fell from her abdomen quickly and all at once as she fell to the ground. El cried as she leaned over her, trying to hold the wound.

"Mav, Mav no." El cried as Mavis's shaky hand grabbed her wrist softly, the tears welling down her face as she felt her body getting weaker.

"Now i've got you in my sight." Mavis sang softly, coughing up blood as she did so. El cried as she shook her head.

"With these hungry eyes." the pink haired girl whispered with a sad smile as she felt her eyes getting heavy, the yells and screams of El echoing through her ears as she saw the shadows of her friends running over quickly.

•••••

one more chapter...  i'm crying right now.