LIX. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Dustin held Carrie in the middle of Nancy's room

They'd been in the process of finding things to donate to the people that lost their homes during Vecna's disaster. His pain from Eddie, and her pain from being taken, was visible to the other. Carrie felt horrible for not being there for him, letting him face that alone, and Dustin felt nothing but guilt for promising nothing would happen to her, yet the second he left her, it did.

"We're okay." he said it to reassure her, but also himself. They were rocking slightly, his hold on her gentle but tender. Hers was the same, her head laying right on where his collarbones should be. She had to laugh. "Did you just laugh?"

"I forgot you don't have collarbones." she pulled back, a little smile on her face. "It's not funny, but-"

"But it kinda is." he nodded, making her smile. "Wanna see the thing I do?"

She nodded, Dustin shook his arms before popping them, making Carrie cringe. Dustin smiled. "Kinda gross, huh?"

"So gross." she leaned in and kissed him right after. Dustin's eyes grew wide against her lips, panicking. After a couple seconds, just as she was about to lean away in embarrassment, he kissed her back.

"Oh, my bad." a voice rung, making them pull away and look to the door. "Didn't see the sock on the door."

Michael Fucking Wheeler.

"Where have you been?" Dustin asked him in disbelief, the pair hugged. "Where's everyone else?"

"Downstairs, I wanted to look for you guys first." Mike pulled away from their hug, giving Carrie an awkward wave. "Hey."

She stared at him, nodding her head just slightly. "Glad you're okay."

"Yeah, i'm glad you're okay too. Will and Jonathan really wanna see you...." he nodded, looking back at Dustin. "Is she..."

"She's in your room." Dustin nodded. "Mike?"

"Yeah." he looked down at him.

"I'm really glad you're okay." Dustin inhaled, making Mike give him a little grin.

"I'm glad you're okay too." he held his shoulder a moment, walking to the stairs and looking over, giving El a thumbs up. Carrie ran down the stairs, into Jonathan and Wills arms immediately as the Byers held onto each other, like their lives depended on it.

Mavis sat on Mikes floor, her attempt to find things he'd want to donate going terribly, because she wasn't Mike. But, it had been a good place to hide out. It was funny, because where she sat had been the same place she'd slept on multiple occasions. Her bandaged fingers, her left wrist broken from the fight on the hill, tore at her letter.

Dear Mav,

So, we're both pretty high on the kill list, huh? Guess that means it's gonna be one of us. I know you're probably gonna be the one to die, because you like to interfere and save people at the worst possible times. I'd know, because you did it to me the first day we met. I know you didn't know it, but the first day you spoke to me after Mr.Clarkes class, saved me at a horrible time. I was trying to hate you and your stalker friends, trying to be as unhappy as possible with having to move, but then you made that all go away with your stupid boob drawing on the side of Billys car.