SEVENTEEN

⇥✰⇤
Goodbye Mav

"How did they find us?" Lucas asked as the five ran down the steps of the school.

"I don't know but they know we were in the gym" Mike explained as he ran in front of Mavis and El, who were connected at the hands.

"Lando" Dustin breathed out as they quickly rounded a corner but were stopped by men with flashlights running at them.

"Go! Go! Go!" Mike yelled as they turned and ran up the steps again. They went into the next room as more men came at them.

"Oh no," Mavis said as El yanked her backward with her to the hallway as they were met face to face with an older woman and a few well-dressed people by her side. Mavis began to panic as her breathing caught in her throat as Dustin wrapped a hand around hers. El suddenly tilted her hand down as the many soldiers around them began to bleed out of their eyes and ears before falling onto the floor, dead.

"Holy shit," Mavis said as a small grin formed on her face as she looked to El. The bald girl quickly fell on the floor as well. Mavis' eyes widened while kneeling next to her along with the boys.

"El! El are you okay? Somethings wrong" Mike explained as they all looked down at the limb girl.

"She's just drained" Dustin explained as Mavis shook her head.

"No, she won't wake up! Why won't she wake up?" Mavis asked in a panic while shaking the skinny girl.

"Leave her," a man's voice said as a taller man dressed in a suit, with many soldiers by his side, came into the hallway.

"Over my dead body!" Mavis shouted with a glare his way.

"Step away from the child" he demanded as Mavis held an arm out in front of the boys as she stood in front of them protectively.

"You want her? You'll have to kill us first" Mike demanded with the same glare Mavis held.

"That's right!" Dustin yelled while stomping his foot.

"Yeah! Eat shit!" Lucas added in with a glare as he pumped his fist in the air. Four soldiers suddenly came up as they grabbed the four, making them thrash and try to get out of their grasp. They began to scream and demanded to be let go like the older man reach down and grabbed Eleven.

"Get away from her, you sick son of a bitch!" Mavis yelled as she threw her body around, falling from the man's grip but was just grabbed by another one. El began to wake up as the man spoke to her before El began to repeat the words Bad over and over in his arms.

"Mav, Mav. Mav!" El cried out for her as Mavis struggled around the man's hold again while the lights in the hallway began to flicker over and over.

"Blood" Mike breathed out as they all looked over to him with frowned eyebrows.

"What?" Lucas asked him as Mike repeated himself again. The wall began to push through before a creature pushed through it and let out a yell.

"Demogorgon," Dustin said between breaths.

"Holy f-" Mavis began but was cut off by the Demogorgon letting out a loud screech while its face opened up. The soldiers let the friends go as they began to shoot at it.

"Go, go, go" Mike demanded as Mavis picked El up in her arms, ignoring the small struggle and running down the hallway with her friends in hopes of finding safety.

"Hang in there El, we're almost there" Mavis whispered down to the girl in her arms as Dustin held the classroom door open for them to walk through.

"Get her on the table," Dustin said as Mavis slowly set El down as she looked up at her with sad eyes.

"Just gotta hang on a little longer, okay? The bad men are gone, we'll be home soon. And we can get you out of the basement, upstairs with me. And all the eggos you want, and then we can go to the snowball" Mavis said down at her, not even realizing she was crying.

"Promise?" El asked through her sniffles as Mavis nodded and wiped her tears away before doing the same to her own.

"Promise" Mavis nodded back down to her as a loud screech came through the hallways. They all jumped while turning back to the door as loud shotguns were heard until it fell silent again.

"Is it- is it dead?" Dustin asked as a few seconds passed and the door flew open. The Demogorgon has knocked down the door completely and was doing a loud screech again as the friends all rushed through their bags for the weapons they brought. Lucas quickly used the wrist rocket to fire a rock its way, only making it angrier.

"Do another one!" Dustin shouted as Mavis quickly took the time to run over to the desk, the boys were still struggling with the rocks loudly. Mavis looked around for any type of safety or weapon. Her eyes feel to the large scissors sitting on the filing cabinet. With a deep breath, she grabbed ahold of it and ran to the large D&D character, stabbing it in the side of the head. The Demogorgon screeched loudly as it turned to Mavis, she quickly back up, but was too late. The monster waved its arm and sent her flying into the wall, causing her head to spin and the world to come out blurry and muffled.

The monster suddenly flew backward into the chalkboard as El used her powers again. Mavis sat up slowly, every inch of her body in nothing but pain.

"Eleven stop," Mike said as he rushed to her but was quickly thrown back into the wall by the other hand.

"E-el" Mavis got out in a painful voice and tears down her face. El looked at her, with watery eyes and a bloody nose.

"Goodbye Mav," she said before letting out a yell, using her powers to tear the Demogorgon apart before it disappeared completely. Taking her with it. Mavis and the boys held their ears at the loud noise, some crying more than others until it was silent again. Mavis couldn't bring herself to look up, knowing El was gone. All she could do was cry right now, listening to the boys call out for Eleven even though they knew she wasn't there. Mav felt two skinny arms wrap around her crying figure as she let her most valuable and emotional sideshow once again, for a girl.

Lucas kept his arm around Mavis as they came outside, police and firemen filling the scene. Karen ran to Mike
much as everyone else did. Lucas's Mom wrapped her son in a hug as he cried into her shoulder, her gaze then fell to Mav who was looking around. She seemed broken and lost, not only for El but because all her friend's parents were here, caring about them. While she had no one.

"Mavis" the woman called out as Mav looked over and was wrapped in a tight hug by the woman. She let herself cry and sob and everything she needed into the woman's arms, who held her close and whispered small things to her to calm her down.

But Mavis wasn't the same, she probably never would be. Because she lost someone who meant more to her than she thought, someone she was completely smitten for since the moment they found her in the woods.

•••••

one more chapter for s1, Elvis shippers how are we feeling?