EIGHT

⇥✰⇤
Penthurst, Curley County

Running through the hospital, Mavis tried to tune out the doctors' words and Joyce's cries. She tried to say reassuring words down at Carrie much like Mike was doing for Will, having no luck considering the siblings were still yelling in pain.

"Easy with them!" Mavis yelled at the doctors as they yanked Carrie and Will off the two gurneys and began checking their vitals.

"Carrie, Will. Where does it hurt?" the nurse asked as Mavis looked at Will, he began to answer.

"He says it burns, cheek for burns." the doctor said as Mavis then turned to Carrie.

"Carrie!" she yelled in horror as she noticed the girl limb.

"What's wrong with her? Is she breathing?" Joyce asked as she tried to look between her two kids. The doctors began to wheel Carrie away, telling Joyce she couldn't come.

"Sweetie you have to stay back." the nurse said to Mavis as she stopped her from running after them.

"No! No get away from me!" she yelled while trying to flail out of a couple of doctors' holds as they kept her from running after the girl who was being wheeled away.

"Mavis! Mav!" Mike yelled while taking her from the doctors and holding her close as Mike was also crying much like everyone was doing, watching as the doctors put a needle into Will's arm to put him to sleep.

"I hope she's okay," Mike commented as the two sat in front of Will's bed, watching as he slept. Mavis was leaning back into him, his jumper draped over the two of them as they smooshed together to keep the warmth in the cold room.

"It's been a while, why haven't we gotten any news? She didn't look good Mike." Mavis commented a she nodded, holding herself together for the sake of everyone in the room. On cue, Joyce walked into the room, looking to Will who was asleep, then at the duo who, quickly shot up from their position.

"Is she okay?" Mavis asked in a panic as Joyce nodded and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Her heart stopped for a little bit, they got it working again. She's hooked up to an IV right now, and is resting. The important part is that she's okay." Joyce said with a weak voice, due to all her crying she's done the past hour.

"Can we see her?" Mike asked quickly as Joyce shook her head.

"Soon, I promise. You two will be the first to know." the brunette woman informed them with soft smiles as they nodded and sat back down.

"I'm so tired," Mike spoke softly as Mavis looked up at the clock seeing as it was three in the morning now.

"Cmon, Wheeler. I got you." Mavis said as she held her arms out, making him curl up next to her and rest his head in the crook of her neck. Mav pressed a kiss to the crown of his head, adjusting his jacket over his shoulders and closing her eyes as well.

As the sun shined through the room a few hours later, the pink in Mavis's hair shined brighter than anything else. Joyce and Bob were seen having what looked to be a serious conversation in the corner as Will's familiar voice spoke up.

"Mom?" he asked, making the pair of friends wake up quickly. They knocked heads slightly and leaned over to look at Will.

"Hey, hey Will how are you feeling?" Mavis asked as Bob called for the doctor.