FIVE

⇥✰⇤
married

When Mavis woke up, she was quick to race to the kitchen to make two extra egos before running back to her room to give them to El.

"Here, breakfast" Mavis smiled as she looked down at the photo El was looking at, which made her frown.

"Oh that's my Mom and Dad, they use to be married but once he got taken away my Mom didn't want to be anymore," Mavis said sadly while sitting next to her on the bed.

"Married?" El asked as Mavis nodded her head, the soft curls around her face bouncing as she did so.

"Yeah, married. It's when two people love each other a lot and want to spend the rest of their lives together" Mavis went along while El watched her with curious eyes before looking back down at the picture.

"Because... pretty?" El asked while pointing to Sarah, who indeed looked pretty.

"Well, yeah sometimes people get married because someone is pretty. But, usually it only counts when you really like who the person is. You know, like, how they act" Mavis said as El squinted her eyes and nodded her head while biting the ego.

"Listen this is gonna sound weird but I'm gonna take you to Mike's house and you'll need to go to the door. His Mom will answer and you just need to say that you need help and you're lost. She'll get you help but whatever you do, you can't say anything about how you know us" Mavis nodded as El started at her with an odd look on her face.

"We'll just meet again, at Mike's house. No big deal" Mavis shrugged with a winning smile back at the girl.

"No," El simple said while looking up at her, which shocked Mavis.

"No?" Mavis asked with a look of worry on her face.

"No. Mav" El said one last time while looking back down to eat her egos.

"You don't want us to get help?" Mavis asked her so she could understand better, El shook her head.

"You're in trouble... aren't you?" Mavis asked as the air seemed to thicken around them on the pink bed, new sun shining in on their eyes.

"Well, I'm in trouble too, with the police, so I understand. Who... who are you in trouble with?" Mav asked her as El swallowed.

"Bad" she simply said as Mavis frowned her eyebrows.

"Bad? Bad people?" she questioned, confusion filling her eyes like contacts would a blind person, as El nodded.

"They want to hurt you?" Mavis asked again as El toyed with the sleeves of the pink sweatshirt before holding a finger gun to her head, then to Mavis, before dropping her hands.

"Understand? Mav?" El asked as Mavis stared silently before she suddenly reached for the bald girls hands, making her jump back.

"I'm not gonna hurt you" Mavis shook her head as El hesitantly put her hands back out as Mavis grabbed ahold of them.

"I won't let the bad people hurt you, understand?" Mavis asked as El blinked before she looked down at hers and Mavis's hands, letting her fingers run over her wrist before looking back up at her eyes.