xliv. 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬

"Get this mother f-yank it! Break my ankle! Yank it!" Mavis yelled as her, Robin, and Steve sat in her kitchen

"Get this mother f-yank it! Break my ankle! Yank it!" Mavis yelled as her, Robin, and Steve sat in her kitchen. "Are you yanking?"

"I'm yanking!" Steve defended himself.

"Is this even close to being legal because it really doesn't seem legal and maybe more bad records won't look very good on your bad records." Robin pointed out as she gave the pink haired girl a knowing look.

"I was suppose to get it off today but the office is closed, so it'll be okay." Mavis grunted as she stabbed the ankle monitor with the kitchen knife. "Come on!"

"Woah!" Steve pulled the knife away from her. "No knife to the ankle."

"It's almost there." she huffed as he wiggled the butter knife.

"Remind me why you've been on house arrest for a week?" Robin hummed as she yanked on the monitor while Steve tried to break the latch.

"Homophobic baseball player got a bowling ball to the foot and a punch to the face." she yelped in pain. "No! Don't give up! It's almost off!"

"I'm gonna break your ankle!" Steve yelled.

"I don't care!" she yelled back, holding onto the table as her body nearly came off the table at how hard Robin was pulling. "Pull!"

"I felt it move!" Robin yelled.

"It's- I got it! I got it!" Steve yelled, the monitor broke free and hit the ground.

"Yes!" Mavis cheered, high fiving them both. "Hurry! Hurry! I've left Chrissy in charge all week and the poor girl is probably dying. I've gotta go! We gotta go!"

"You can be a little more greatful." Steve followed her quickly out of the house as Robin tossed the keys at him. "Who's the reason you're literally getting to go to this thing?"

"This could have been avoided if, you know, you respected your probation." Robin pointed out as they all got in the car, Mavis in the back as she got her cheer shoes on, her uniform already secured.

"I do respect my probation. I haven't gotten in trouble in months." Mavis nodded, wincing at the bleeding ankle.

"And then the baseball player." Robin hummed.

"Then the baseball player." the Hilton-Sinclair girl agreed with a nod. "Honestly, still don't regret it."

"Respect." Robin nodded her head, leaning back to tie her shoe for her as she pressed it onto the console.

"Watch the leather." Steve scolded her, lifting her ankle as Robin tied her shoe as it was mid air. "Mav, you do good with girls, right? You and El have been a thing forever."

"I'd say i'm pretty decent with the ladies." she hummed, leaning back in the seat. "What's up?"

"So, there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college." Steve ranted as he drove down the road, looking back at her in the rear view mirror every few second. "So it's like Do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex? I mean, I don't know. Does that make sense to you?"