THREE

⇥✰⇤
The weirdo on Maple

slightly mention of homophobia

"What the hell is your problem?" Sarah's voice echoed through the large house as Mavis slammed the front door behind her.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Sarah shouted as Mavis glared and spun around on her heels.

"Oh, you know! Just having to deal with the bad reputation you and Dad made for me! Like always!" Mavis shouted, face red with anger as Sarah laughed.

"Oh, here you go... blaming everyone else for your mistakes," Sarah said back to her daughter as Mavis scoffed.

"My mistakes? My mistakes? Okay, who was the one that decided to take a drive after having bottles and bottles of alcohol? Oh, that was you! Who stole from the Byers store? You! Who beat the living hell out of someone who looked at them the wrong way? Humm wonder who was that... of yeah, it was Dad! Not to mention it landed him in jail!" Mavis shouted as Sarah stormed toward her and grabbed the sides of her face tightly.

"And you think you're much better ,you little Dyke? Who was caught spray painting the sides of the school? That was you. Who was the one that drove the car without a license? Your dumbass. Who was it that threatened a police officer? That was you! So stop blaming everyone else" her Mom yelled while Mavis pushed her hands off her face.

"Oh, shit... and I wonder where I learned all that from" Mavis glared one last time before going up the stairs as she heard a wine glass break on the side of the stairs.

"Mavis? Mav do you come in?" Mike's voice said over the walkie, making Mavis groan and grab it.

"I'm here, what do you need?" she asked with a huff.

"Jesus, bad evening?" Lucas asked from the other line, hearing the tone of his best friend's voice.

"The worst" she answered back with a roll of her big eyes.

"I'm worried about Will" Mike voiced, making Mavis sigh knowing this was probably very hard on him... he was closest to Will out of all of them after all.

"Me too" Mavis spoke up, heart hurting at the thought of the small boy, she considered a brother, possibly hurt or worse.

"This is crazy" Lucas added in, Mavis could basically see him nodding his head.

"I was thinking-" Mike began but was cut off.

"Well that's never good" Mavis joked with a smirk on her lips.

"C'mon Mav, I'm serious... Will could have cast protection last night but he didn't, he fireballed l. over" Mike spoke, making Mavis frown her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's your point? Over" Lucas asked, basically reading the girl's mind as Mavis listened closely, hoping her Mom didn't bust in the door any second.

"My point is he could have played it safe, but he didn't. He put himself in danger to help the party" Mike spoke as Mavis sat there for a moment, letting his words sink in.

"Meet me in ten, over and out," Lucas said as Mavis quickly shut off the walkie and grabbed her pale pink pullover and a flashlight. She was more of a darker pink type of girl, it covered her room and was the color of most of her clothes but when she saw the jumper a few months ago, she felt a draw to it. She refused to leave the store without it and wore it each time the party would play D&D.