Liii. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡

do you want me to come with you?

Mav wrote it on her notebook and flip it to Erica, staring at her sister in the blue light. Erica shook her head, promising her silently that she could handle it as she ran out of the Crill house. Carrie put a hand on Mav's arm to reassure her, nodding as she sat down. They looked to Max and Lucas, the both of them across from each other and seemingly communicating with their notebooks too.

Mav nudged Carrie, flipping it to her. why didn't you kiss him goodbye?

Carrie gave her a crazy look, making Mavis return it with a little, hidden giggle. She went to writing now. you are insane.

The light from the window flickered, making them all look over. Mavis put Hungry Eyes on her ears, keeping it low so no one would be able to hear it aside her. Max gave her a little nod, though neither of them seemed fully confident in it. Lucas blinked back with their flashlight, a few times to make sure Erica saw it.

Mavis walked with Max, blue light in hand. Carrie and Lucas shared a look as they followed the girls upstairs, Max kept looking back to make sure Mav hadn't taken her headphones off, that at least she'd be safe. They made it to the attic, the stairs creaking under them. Max breathed in, shutting her walkman off. Mavis gave a hesitant look, brining her hand to her own, but Max shook her head at her, telling her to keep them on.

"Hey! Asshole!" Max shouted at the bright light in the middle of the room, indicating Vecna was there with them. "I'm here. No more music. No more games."

Carrie pressed into Mav's back as she watched the light grow bright before diming, going the same rate her own heartbeat had been. "What are you waiting for, huh? Come on! Do you want me or not?"

Nothing.

"I don't-" Max started to Lucas, but she was cut off.

"Carrie!" Mav's scream echoed through the house, looking back at her friend but only to be met with white eyes.

"Oh my god!" Lucas jumped back in fear.

"Carrie!" Max grabbed her shoulder. "Holy shit, he got her?"

"I h-" Mavis wanted to talk but was struggling. She dug into her pocket.

Carrie opened her eyes with a gasp, staring around. Her heart fell. "No. No. No."

Her fears, her constant state of anxiety, was coming true. Right where she was about to have to never worry about Vecna again, he'd gotten her. She was back where she had been when she first met Will, hiding in a tree hole. Only, no Will this time. She contemplated if she should just stay there, not being able to make that choice as a vine wrapped around her ankle and yanked her out.

The girl screamed, the Demogorgan screeching loudly in her face as the vines pinned her to the tree. This was a memory, one that haunted her more often then she'd admit. The Demogorgan was dead, she knew that, but it felt too real. She cried, tugging on the vines around her neck, like she had when she was just a child and was taken.