TEN

⇥✰⇤
Hungry Eyes

"It's not like how it was before, it's grown. And that's considered if we can get in there, that place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper spoke as the group all began to think of ways on how to get the gate closed so the Mind Flayer stays out of the world again. Mavis was seated in a chair, still weak from after all the drugs and brutal abuse she was hit with back at the institution. El kept her hand in hers, Mavis head leaning onto her stomach, from the girl standing while she sat, El's other hand ran through her hair.

"Demodogs." Dustin corrected Hopper, who gave him an insane look.

"I'm sorry what?" Hopper asked him as El caught Mavis's head that was falling.

"Mav, drink this please," Lucas said while trying to give her the smoothie he made.

"It's gross," she said as he gave her a look, making her take it and sip on it with her nose plugged.

"I said demo dogs, like Demogorgon and dog. Like you put them together and it sounds pretty badass and-" Dustin began to go on before he was cut off.

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asked him in disbelief as Dustin quickly shook his head.

"It's not, I'm sorry." Dustin waved him off as El looked up from where she was looking down at Mavis.

"I can do it," El said, causing Mavis to chock on her drink.

"Yeah that's not gonna happen," she said as El ignored her.

"You're not hearing me-" Hopper began but was again cut off by his daughter.

"I'm hearing you, I can do it," El repeated as Mavis sighed much as Hopper did.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem, if the brain dies the body dies." Mike pointed out as Max gave a confused look.

"I thought that was the whole point?" she questioned as Mavis shook her head.

"If El closes the gate and kills the army, Carrie and Will are both a part of that army," Mavis said as they all held a horror look.

"Closing the gate will kill them both," Mike said going on with the pink-haired girl.

"He likes it cold," Joyce said as they entered the room with the two small siblings laying on the bed.

"What?" Hopper asked her as Joyce looked at the window, then back at her kids.

"That's what they kept saying to me, he likes it cold," Joyce said again as she rushed to shut the window back before turning to them.

"If this is a virus, and Will and Carrie are the hosts then..." Nancy trailed off as Jonathan spoke up from next to her.

"Then we need to host uninhabitable," he added in as El looked to Mavis confused, just getting a look to tell her she'd tell her later.

"So if he likes it cold.." Nancy trialed off once more before Joyce spoke.

"We need to burn it out of him." She glared while looking at the group, then back to her kids.