FIFTEEN

⇥✰⇤
I hate that she hates me

"Okay so in this example, we're the acrobat. Will, Barbra, and that monster are the flee. And this is the Upside Down where Will is hiding. Mr.Clarke said the only way to get there is through a space in time-" Mike began to speak to Joyce, Jonathan, Hopper, and Nancy once they got into the Byers house. They seemed confused but after what they've seen recently, anything is possible.

"A gate" Dustin nodded along, hoping this would make them understand better.

"We tracked it to Hawkins Lab" Lucas added.

"With our compasses" Dustin quickly said after him.

"They might be connected to Australia," Mavis said with a snap of her fingers. Jonathan gave a confused look as Dustin just shook his head toward him in a way of saying don't ask.

"So the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field and that can change the direction of a compass needle" Dustin tried to explain better for them after all four gave an odd look.

"Is this gate underground?" Hope asked no one in particular but looked to the five with a frown on his eyebrows.

"Yes," El spoke up as Mavis turned to Hopper, a look on her face as if she was waiting for him to say something so she could attack him.

"Near a large water tank?" Hopper asked again as he kept his gaze at the skinny girl, clinging onto Mavis's arm as if her life depended on it.

"Yes," El said again as she look away like she was having a bad memory. Mavis bumped her shoulder some as El simple leaned into her more.

"How- how do you know all that?" Dustin asked the man with a blink and confused look, much like the other were.

"You've seen it, haven't you?" Mavis asked as Hopper slowly nodded his head with a sigh.

"Is there any way that you can reach Will? That you could talk to him in this-" Joyce began slowly and gently at Eleven but was cut off.

"The Upside Down" she finished for her as Joyce nodded in agreement, El nodded her head like a strike of hope flashed through Joyce's sad eyes.

"And my friend Barbra? Can you find her too?" Nancy questioned as El nodded again, Mavis began to worry as she gave Mike a look. If El used too much of her power something bad could happen, she could get hurt really bad.

They y'all gathered around the table as El sat at the end with the walkie-talkie static in front of her. Her eyes were shut as everyone looked at her, a few more concerned than others. The light above them flickered before El opened her eyes again, she looked like she was about to cry.

"I'm sorry," she said as she looked sad at Joyce while reaching for Mavis next to her.

"What- what- what? What happened?" Joyce asked her with a sad look as she held onto Jonathan's hand.

"I can't find them," El said as her lip trebled, making Mavis stand from her chair and pull her up slowly.

"It's okay El, cmon, let's give it some time okay? Guys, okay?" Mavis asked as she looked around at everyone who nodded, aside from Joyce who cried into Jonathan's arms.

"Hey, don't cry. This isn't your fault" Mavis said as she wiped El's tears in the bathroom. She let a few more tears fall as Mavis continued to wipe them away.

"We're gonna figure this all out, we will. I promise" Mavis said as she rubbed El's arms. The bald girl nodded with sad eyes before she looked to the bathtub behind Mavis. The curly-haired girl gave her an odd look before El turned and grabbed her hand as they exited the bathroom.