TWO

⇥✰⇤
Mystery Girl

Mavis sat in the corner of her room with a huff. She slowly stood up and walked to sit in the same spot El once did, reaching for her walkie talkie, she switched the channels.

"El... El if you're there please talk to me. I miss you so much, things are getting bad again. I'm hurting people and I'm not meaning to, but I can't stop trying to replace you. It's day three hundred and fifty-two, no answer but if you can hear me it's worth a shot. I need you, El. I'm still here... I'm still waiting for you" Mavis spoke into the walkie-talkie, only getting static from the small speaker as she threw it down and wiped the single tear that fell down her cheek.

She stood up and turned the light off, going to the velvet couch in her corner. Curling up on it, she sighed and shut her eyes, turning away from the bed so she'd stop thinking about her long enough to fall asleep.

When morning came Mavis rushed outside, slamming the door in her yelling Mothers face as she grabbed her bike.

"Bad morning?" Carrie asked as she waited on her bike.

"More like bad Mom" Mavis rolled her eyes as she threw her leg over the bike. It was a little harder than before, the leather pants stopping her slightly but she managed. Mavis shivered as her bright pink sweater rubbed the skin on her stomach, the cold air hitting the two girls as their eyes watered.

"I went to see Mike last night" Carrie spoke as Mavis looked over at her as they peddled down the road.

"Yeah? How'd that go?" Mavis asked as Carrie sighed and peddled to keep up with her friend.

"It was okay, he's having a hard time with his parents being so hard on him. I think he misses El" Carrie said as Mavis sighed and nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't-" Carrie began to say but was cut off by Mavis shaking her head.

"It's okay, really. She and Mike were close, we all miss her. We just all cope in different ways I guess, he's lucky to have you" Mavis nodded as they pulled up at the school and parked their bikes on the railing.

"What in the hell?" Carrie asked as she looked into the distance, Mavis frowned her eyes as she turned around as well. The sight made her laugh loudly, grabbing Carrie's arm to pull her over.

"Well well, well, don't you four look like the cutest boy band ever" Mavis teased as she crossed her arms while looking at her male friends all dressed as ghostbusters.

"No, no, no you guys didn't dress up either?" Dustin asked in a panic as Carrie let out a booming laugh.

"Don't worry, you guys look cute" Mavis teased while pressing a kiss to Dustin's cheek and leading them as they walked inside. The boys got odd looks from a few people, which earned them a glare from Mavis.

"Who you gonna call? The nerds" an older boy mocked as he laughed at the boys behind Mavis.

"Who you gonna call? The hospital after I shove my foot up to your ass" Mavis mocked him as she flipped him off with both fingers, getting oohs from around her.

"Must you make everything so violent?" Carrie asked as Mavis sighed with a nod, a small wave before disappearing into her classroom.

As the day went on, Mavis was heading to History. Shutting her eyes as she walked through the same hallway El killed the soldiers in last year. Tugging on the collar of her sweater, she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"Hey! Mystery Girl!" Max shouted as she ran to catch up with Mavis. The shorter girl laughed slightly with an eyebrow raise.

"Mystery Girl?" she asked with an eyebrow raise, making Max shrug.