ONE

⇥✰⇤
The Vanishing Of Will Byers

"Something is coming, something coming for blood. A shadow grows in the walls behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here..." Mike trailed off while looking around at his group of friends, all huddled around the worn-out board game that shined slightly under the dull basement lighting.

"What is it?" Will Byers, The youngest of the group asked, with wide eyes as he was getting eager to know what his friend was going on about.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked as panic set into his eyes, foot began to tape violently on the floor.

"We're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon!" Mavis explained loudly while falling back into her chair and put a hand on her head dramatically. Being the only girl in the group of boys, she often tried her hardest to fit in with them as much as she could. She loved all four of the boys so much, she'd go to the extent of calling them family, much like how they would her.

"It's not the Demogogan" Lucas sighed while she gave him a look which he only returned. Lucas and Mavis were easily the closest of the four, not that she wasn't close with the others. They held a bond, a bond no one would ever understand considering they were so different, but maybe that's what made them so close.

"An army of tablets charge into the chamber!" Mike explained loudly while slapping the card into the middle of the board, the group sighed in relief.

"Tablets?" Dustin asked as the fours' laughter swarmed in the air as Mike held a serious face.

"Wait. Do you hear that? That- that sound... boom boom. Boom! That didn't come from the tribals... that came from something else" Mike said as he slapped his hand on the table, causing Mavis to gasp at the sudden noise, her fingertips moving anxiously on the wooden table.

"The Demogogan!" Mike yelled while banging the action figure into the table, the other four all groaned and threw their hands in the air.

"We're in deep shit" Dustin groaned and rubbed his temple with his fingers.

"Will your action!" Mike yelled at him, waiting for the smallest boy to choose how to defeat the Demogorgon.

"I don't know," Will said in a panic while looking into everyone's eyes for an answer.

"Fireball him!" Mike yelled back as Mavis shook her head quickly, the soft waved curls around her face looked like a small wave as she did so.

"You have to cast a thirteen or above" Will explained as if he read his only female friends' minds.

"Exactly! So cast protection" Mavis explained while on the edge of her seat, gripping the ends of the old table.

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him" Lucas told the Byers boy making, Mavis slap his arm at the word, Will's eyes held panic.

"Cast protection" Dustin glared, agreeing with Mavis as they all focused on Will.

"The Demogogan is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps toward you! Boom!" Mike yelled while hitting the table again to build up the tension.

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled while jumping off his seat.

"Rouge! Can you steal him a new form of weapon?" Mike asked loudly while looking toward Mavis.