TWO

⇥✰⇤
Mirkwood

"That's weird... I don't see him" Mike said as the four parked their bikes in front of Hawkins Middle the next morning.

"I'm telling you, his Mom's right, probably just went to class early again," Lucas said as he adjusted his backpack.

"Yeah he's always worried our teachers gonna give him a pop quiz," Dustin said as Mikes's gaze went to the girl next to him.

"You've said all of two words, something the matter?" he asked while elbowing her slightly.

"Oh.. no. I'm just tired" She nodded her head and looked away as the morning wind blew her darker locks back some.

"Step right up ladies and gentleman. Step right up and get your tickets for the freak show" Troy joked as he walked up to the four friends with a smug smirk on his face.

"Who do you think would make more money at a freak show? Midnight, Fisheyes, Frog Face, or Toothless?" Troy asked his friend, hitting the four in the shoulder as he addressed them by the haunted nicknames they've had for years now.

"I'd go with toothless" James laughed, mocking Dustin's lisp as Mavis rolled her eyes at the rude boy's.

"I've told you a million times, my teeth are coming in. It's called cleidocranial" Dustin quickly stood up for himself, annoyed and avoiding eye contact.

"I've told you a million times" James mocked him again, which like last time, made Mavis roll her eyes. Only this time she got caught.

"Have something to say bug eyes?" he asked while shoving her shoulder some.

"Thought it was fish eyes," she said back with sass slipping out of her mouth as if she had no control over it.

"Doesn't matter, either way, your eyes are bigger than your whole face" he laughed as James did too, making the boys glare.

"Leave her alone" Mike demanded while pointing a finger at Troy.

"What you say fr-" He began but was cut off quickly by Mavis.

"Well at least I know my eyes are bigger than your balls!" she said as the five boys in front of her turned and blink in surprise.

"Do the arm thing" Troy said as he turned to Dustin, ignoring Mavis's comment as Lucas gave her a crazy look, which she only gave a wink to. Dustin sighed before moving his arm in a weird way that his bones allowed him to as the boys joked and oohed his way before making their way between the group.

"Assholes" Lucas rolled his eyes.

"I think it's kinda cool, like you have superpowers or something. Like Mr.Supertastic" Mike said as they fell into line once again.

"Too bad, I can't fight evil with it," Dustin said as they walked through the double doors.

"My eyes are bigger than your balls? Really, Mav?" Lucas asked as she let out a laugh.

"I thought it was awesome" Mike explained while they rounded the corner into the classroom.

"So did it come in?" Mike asked Mr.Clarke after class as the group all stood at his desk.