Chapt. 50: Meeting Pein

"You overdid it this time, Akina. You know better than to fight while trying to heal at the same time. Didn't you learn that before when you could hardly stand on your own two feet? I'm not your nurse. You may be immortal, but try to take it down a notch." Ritsu complains while he examines my body. 

We stopped near another hideout so that the team could rest. Suigetsu was slowly going back to his original while Sasuke was resting. "How is she?" Karin walks over to us. 

"Her wounds have already healed up. It's weird though... She's never been this protective towards anybody before. I've noticed on the battlefield that she wasn't just protecting Sasuke. She was protecting all of us. She was trying to take the lead in the fight and have us all sit back and watch." 

"You mean she's never done that before?" 

"Only to one particular person, and that would be her Darling. But, she's never been protective over the entire time. I wonder what went through her mind when she was fighting..." 

"I'm fine..." I stand up. "How is my Darling?" 

"He's resting. Once we're all rested, we'll go back to the hideout and deliver this rapping maniac to the Akatsuki." Karin says. "Akina," 

I turn to her. 

"Those flames... How were you able to extinguish them? You're not even an Uchiha. And you can't possess sharingan." 

"...I don't know myself." I answer and Ritsu, and Karin give me confused, but shocked expressions. Now that I think about, I took Sasuke's chakra again during the battle with Killer Bee. When I covered his eyes, I might have taken some of the power of the sharingan. 

I guess it's one of the obtaining abilities of taking someone's chakra. I also take their power, too? "The important thing is that we have the 8 tails and we're going to deliver it to the Akatsuki." Sasuke says from behind me and I feel his arms around my waist. 

Suddenly, the mark on my cheek glows and I am gone in a puff of smoke. I appear kneeling on a scroll and see Madara in front of me. "Madara?" I look up at him. He summoned me? 

"Looks like the summoning works after all." He says and holds his hand out. I take his hand and he helps me stand up. 

"How is that possible?" I ask. 

"The mark on your cheek and the scroll. It's the same scroll I used on you to cure illness when you were child. With my blood, I was able to summon you. We are connected, Akina." Madara places his hand on my cheek with the mark. I close my eyes and lean my face against his hand as I held his hand. "There is someone I want you to meet." 

"Who?" 

Madara turns his head to the left and I see a man with orange hair, piercings on his face, and rinnengan eyes. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Akina." The man says, walking over to me. "I am Pein." 

"This is the Leader of the Akatsuki." Madara introduce Pein to me. "I'll leave you two alone." Madara walks away and I look back at Pein. 

"I've heard much about you. About your ability to steal and store any shinobi's chakra just by touching them or fighting with them in close range. The more chakra you absorb, the stronger you become. And yet, you need chakra to turn you into something you desire most." Pein explains, having me glare at him. 

"What do you want with me?" I ask. 

"I need your power." 

"Power?" I repeat. "What are you planning to do with my power if I lend it to you?" 

"It's simple. To make the world a better place....and to destroy the leaf village." My eyes slightly widen at his words when he tells me this. To destroy the Leaf Village? He's the leader of the Akatsuki. Why would he need someone like me? 

"Why would you need me in your plan if you're the Leader. You're the strongest out of all of the Akatsuki, aren't you?" 

"But with your power, it will be done quickly. The Leaf will clearly fight back. But, destroying the Leaf isn't the only thing I'm after. It is also the 9 tails. Naruto Uzumaki. You know of him." 

"I don't." I answer quickly. That name is no longer familiar to me anymore. "If it's the 9 tails you're after, why not search for it? If you know he's in the leaf village, he will likely hide from you, or fight. But, I refuse to go back to that village." I bare my teeth as my eyes glow. 

"I understand your hatred towards the people who have locked you away and used you like a tool. However, this can be your revenge. You can take back your freedom. Don't you want to make those suffer, who made you suffer?" 

"I'm already free. But, yes. I do." I tighten my fist. "But the person I want revenge on is already dead. Somebody already took care of them." The 3rd Hokage. He's the person I want to die. I want him to be killed by my hand, but Orochimaru beat me to it. But, there is another. 

The 5th Hokage. Tsunade Senju. She put my back in my cell. 

"I'll do it." I look up at Pein. "I will lend you my power to obtain the 9 tails and to destroy all of the Leaf Village." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~