Chapt. 67: Try To Understand, The Return Of The Hokage's

"Hang in there, Akina!" Neji holds me in his arms after I was impaled by the black receivers that was heading towards him. I was bleeding out a lot while I was coughing up blood. I look directly at Obito as I shouted, 

"No more... I don't want to kill anymore!" I glare at him. "If I become a demon again, I will be taking lives away like I have been back then. I know you're trying to make the world a better place, but this isn't the way! Not like this! You should know how I feel better than anybody! You should know the guilt I feel every time I take a life! You should know that better than anybody! Do you hear me!? Obito!" 

"Akina..." I hear him mutter out while tightening his fist. 

"The medical unit is here!" Naruto informs me and Shizune slowly pulls out the giant black receivers out of my body before she starts to heal me. 

"Look after her for me, Shizune." Naruto tells her and creates shadow clones, then passes the 9 tails chakra to the remaining shinobi forces. 

"Are you okay, Akina?" Shizune asks me and I nod my head. "It's best if you stay here. You need to rest." 

"No." I shake my head and look back at Obito who is after Naruto. "I can't." I shake my head again. 'I can't leave him behind. I'm still on his side.' I sprint over to Naruto and touch his shoulder so that his 9 tails chakra transfers to me. 

"What are you doing!?" Kurama shouts. 

'I'm borrowing you for a second!' I reply back and clash with Obito. 

"Akina!?" He's surprised. "Does that mean you've sided with them!?" He glares. 

"No." I shake my head. "Please, listen to me, Obito. Do you really think this is the way to make the world a better place? Look around us! We're taking lives away and for what!? People are dead because of us!" 

"Our plan is nearly complete. All we need is Naruto and the 8 tails. I can't keep performing the deal on you to save you. Can't you see I'm trying to protect you from them!? Everything we've worked hard for. Up until this moment. You can finally be free from their clutches and be your own person for a change without somebody holding you down. Don't you want that more than anything!?" 

"I do! And I also want to be with my Darling! Why can't you see that!? Why don't you see what I see, Obito!?" 

"Enough!" Obito slips through my hold and grabs my throat, but not tightly. "You're either with me or against me. I can't let you go, Akina. I won't! Everything that I am doing is for you!" 

"I know that..." I frown. "But it's hard for me as it is. Can't you see that? Why do you think I jumped in front of Neji like that when he was going to risk his life for Darling and Hinata? They are my friends, too... Didn't you have a friend once? Or a comrade that you meant the world to you?" 

Obito loosens his grip on my neck and a frown appears on his face. He did, didn't he? But he lost them, and he's carrying a heavy burden.