Chapt. 27: Final Warning, Running Out Of Time

~Sakura's P.O.V.~ 

I left Sasuke's hospital room to go get him some water. While I was walking back, I ran into somebody that I've never seen before. He had dark blue hair, yellow eyes, and he was wearing a mask over his face like Kakashi-Sensei's. 

"You saw it, didn't you?" He asks me as he leaned against the wall with his eyes closed. "You saw the way Akina was acting. She's changing back." My eyes widen when he mentions Akina. I couldn't forget what I saw in the bathroom... Akina was so different... She didn't look human...

"Who are you? How do you know Akina?" I ask him. 

"The name's Ritsu Hatsuke. I was one of her squad members. Previous squad 17." Ritsu pushes himself off the wall and looks at me.

"You were in a squad with Akina? What happened?" I question. 

"What do you think happened? You've heard the rumors. All of them were wiped out. But I was the only one left... That monster killed my teammates and my sensei. She took their chakra with no remorse!" He glares. "She's been fighting with one of your squad members, right? Keep him away from her if you do not want him to die." 

"Please, tell me... Why does Akina absorb chakra? Why does she do it? Why won't anybody stop her!?" I take a step forward, desperately wanting answers. 

"Because she's a special prodigy to the Leaf Village, so I've been told. She is the only shinobi who can take down anything and anyone. Needless to say, she is a weapon to the village. She has been used countless times. The reason why she absorbs chakra is because she is convinced that it will make her human. Also, absorbing chakra makes her stronger. But she can't control herself when she absorbs too much. The one thing that goes through her mind is killing." 

My eyes widen at his words... Is this continues on, she will end up killing Naruto! 

"If you want your teammate to live, tell him to stay away from that monster. Do what is best for your team." With that said, Ritsu walks away, leaving me frightened and frozen in place... 

~Naruto's P.O.V.~ 

Ever since Grandma Tsunade became Hokage, Akina has been distancing herself lately. She hardly talks to me or hangs out, and Kakashi-Sensei tells me that she's been in her room a lot. 

She's not sick or anything, but I'm starting to worry about her. Right now, I'm walking around the village searching for Akina and I've checked everywhere. Kakashi-Sensei is still in the hospital and Akina isn't with him. So, she must be at Kakashi-Sensei's place right now. But I don't know where Kakashi-Sensei is! 

"Naruto!" I turn around to see Sakura running over to me. 

"Oh, hey, Sakura!" I shout at her while waving at her with a faint blush on my cheeks. "What's up? I thought you were still in the hospital looking after Sasuke." 

"I was, but I had to come see you."