Chapt. 18: My Darling Is Here, Declining The Offer

"Why the hell are you following me? I don't like being stalked." I glare at Orochimaru after he tried to attack me with one of his snakes. 

"I see the Hokage has finally let you out of your cage, and out of those restraints. You poor thing." He smirks at me. 

"Don't avoid my question." I point at him. "Why are you following me?" 

"To see if you had given my offer any thought." He smirks again. He's talking about me joining him in order to give me what I desire. I haven't forgotten. 

"You do realize that I can't leave this place, right? If the old man, or one of the ANBU notice me leaving the village, they will inform the old man and Jounin, and they will have me back in that cell. I can't make it a foot out of the village without being seen. We both know that." 

"Oh, but I have my ways of getting in and out of the village. Look at me. I manage to sneak in disguised as a Jounin and the Hokage hasn't noticed a thing." 

"And who's to say that I will snitch on you?" I smirk, making Orochimaru's eyes widen. "The Hokage may not believe every word I say, but I know that he will believe me when I tell him that somebody has disguised themselves as a Jounin to spy on 2 shinobi." 

"You wouldn't..." Orochimaru growls. 

"You think I haven't noticed you eyeing the Uchiha during his match? You were so excited that I thought you were having a boner." I laugh a little. "You really are a pervert. No. More like pedophile. But, humans are better off a little pervy, so I'm not surprised." 

"...." Speechless. 

"I'm just kidding." I sigh, lowering my finger. "Why would the Hokage believe somebody like me?... But, I will tell him that you were eyeing a genin and planning on taking him. It was you who gave Sasuke that curse mark, didn't you? And not just him. Also Anko." 

"How do you know about that!?" 

"She was holding her shoulder too before the exams could start. So, you infected two people with that curse mark. Wow. You're on a roll, aren't you? But," I shrug my shoulders. "To answer your question, I have given your offer some thought. And I've decided that it's impossible. So, I decline." 

"Oh? What do you mean 'impossible'?" 

"As I told you, I won't make it at least a foot out of the village without being seen. Somebody will notice and inform the old man and every Jounin. You will probably escape, but I'll be chained down again. So, it's impossible." 

"Not likely, my child." Orochimaru is suddenly in front of me. "There are many ways for you to escape this awful place. Believe me, you can and will escape from this place if you agree to my terms." 

'Is that even possible?' I think to myself while cocking an eyebrow. As much as I want to believe him, I can't go through with it. My Darling is here, after all. "I decline." I stretch my arms out. "I like your offer, though. Maybe I could finally be free, but I have a Darling and I tend to be with him for as long as possible. Sorry to disappoint you." 

Having said that, I turn around and leave Orochimaru, joining Kakashi after finding him in the middle of the hallway. 

The exams continued on and Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara, Kankuro, Shino, and Dosu. Now, the finals were just around the corner and everyone went off to train. 

Right now, Kakashi and I were in the hospital, checking up on Sasuke. While we were there, we heard Naruto's loud voice. "Naruto, lower your voice. This is a hospital." Kakashi reminds him as him and I walk over to him. 

"Kakashi-Sensei! Akina!" He smiles at the both of us. 

"Congratulations, Darling!" I run over to Naruto and hug him. "I knew you could do it!" 

"Thanks, Akina!" He smiles at me. "How come you couldn't participate in this exams too?" 

"Because, I already told you, I'm not qualified to participate in these exams. So, I'm just sitting on the sidelines. But," I lean close to Naruto's face. "I love watching you~" 

"A-Ah, well..." Naruto leans back and blushes while rubbing the back of his head. 

"So," I lean back. "Are you going to look for someone to train you? Like a Jounin, perhaps."  

"Well, I was thinking that Kakashi-Sensei could train me for the finals! Can you, Kakashi-Sensei?" Naruto turns to Kakashi, who scratches the back of his head. 

"Well, Naruto... You see..." Kakashi couldn't even finifsh his sentence. But, Naruto is quick to catch on. 

"No way! You're going to train Sasuke for the finals!? Akina, can't you train me?" 

"Sorry, but I can't. Where ever Kakashi goes, I have to be where he is. I wish I could explain this further, but it's classified information. Sorry, Darling. But, Kakashi has already set you up with somebody to train you." 

"Really? He did? Who?" 

"Me." Ebisu said, coming into the hospital. 

"Him!? No way! Not this guy! He's the biggest pervert of al-" Ebisu covers his mouth and tells him something that neither Kakashi or I can hear. But, Naruto agreed to have Ebisu as his trainer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~