Chapt. 9: Importance

~Akina's P.O.V.~

'How far are they going to go?' I think to myself as I look out the window, watching Naruto and Sasuke still do their tree climbing exercise. It was night time and they were back to training after dinner, after they threw it all up. 

These two have been at it for hours and none of them intend to give up. Although, my wound have healed, but I rather not take part in this since I already know how to balance my chakra to my feet. 

But why are we still here? We brought the old drunk back to his hometown, so we should be leaving. So what if Zabuza is still alive, if he gets the old drunk then, oh well. Everybody gets killed. Everybody dies. It doesn't matter in the end. 

"Why do I have to stay inside? Am I not allowed to walk around?" I ask Kakashi while looking at him. 

"So I know where you are, and because you might run away and try to finish the job." Kakashi answers while looking back at me. "I know how badly you want to fight Zabuza again. I saw the look in your eyes when you realize that he was still alive." 

'Good eye.' I think before making a 'tch' sound. "So, I'm suppose to stay inside all day and wait until we have to leave? This sucks." 

"You have no say in the matter." 

'Tell me something I don't know...' "Hmphf." I turn my head to the side and close my eyes. "Where the hell is Haruno?" 

"She's with the Bridge Builder today." 

"You decided to have the weakling go with the bridge builder so she can get snatched away by the disgusting humans out in town? Good work. Now, if we can get rid of Uchiha, then this team wouldn't be so useless." 

"Akina." Kakashi glares at me with a warning look. 

"I'm just messing around. Jeez. Where's your sense of humor?" I put on a deadpan face before looking back out the window to watch the two boys continue with their training. It would be better if I went and searched for Zabuza myself and finish the job. If I can kill him, then we can go back to the Leaf Village already. "Can I at least be with my Darling? As long as he's here, I won't have to go anywhere." 

"Your Darling?" Kakashi blinks with confusion, then looks out the window to see who I'm looking at. "Naruto?" He looks back at me. "Why do you call him your Darling? Is there a reason for that?" 

"Of course there's a reason. He's my partner." I look at him. 

"Then, why not just call him your partner?" 

"...Darling is a more suitable word for it..." I say, turning back to the window and look at Naruto. After a long moment of silence, I hear Kakashi sigh and say, 

"Fine. I'll allow it this once." With that said, I leave the room and go outside to be with Naruto.