Chapt. 37: Who Is Naruto To You?

I sprinted all the way to where Orochimaru and Kabuto had went. They've been out for too long. What's taking them so long to get back? What are they doing? 

I catch their scent, causing me to run faster, and I see Orochimaru standing a few feet away from somebody. They have the leaf village headband on their forehead as they were dressed in black, but their stomach was showing. 

Seeing him as a threat made me take out my sword and fling it at him, striking him in the chest. But it turned out to be a clone. It splattered in ink. "Barely missed." I speak up and land behind Orochimaru. 

"Akina." Orochimaru turns to me with a smirk. "I thought I told you that everything would be fine." 

"You are taking too long. And I thought I told you that I wasn't a babysitter for your experiments." I growl at him. I walk over to where I had thrown my sword and pick it up from the ground. "You were battling somebody out here. Where did they go?" I look around. Whoever Orochimaru was fighting must be very powerful to create this much of a mess. 

"You don't have to worry about that." Orochimaru smirks again. "You should learn some manners, boy, when addressing someone in a superior rank." Orochimaru speaks, but to to me. To somebody else. 

I turn around and see a guy's head pop up from the ground. That must be his real body if the other one was a clone. Just looking at the headband sickens me. "Can I dispose of him?" I draw my sword. 

"No. He says he has a message from Danzo. I've already heard it, but," Orochimaru looks at the boy. "Although I find it interesting, but give me one good reason why I should believe you." 

The leaf shinobi grabs something from behind him, but Kabuto is quick enough to pin him down. All of his stuff falls out of his pouch. Kunai, brushes, and scrolls. And, also an envelope. 

"Wait. Look at the envelope. It is a message from Danzo to you." The shinobi says and eyes the envelope. 

I walk over to the envelope and pick it up, then pass it to Orochimaru. He opens it and reads the note, which causes his eyes to widen. "What does it say?" Kabuto asks. 

"Let the boy go, Kabuto. We're going to be taking this boy with us." Orochimaru tells us. Kabuto gets off the boy and puts his kunai away. "Shall we be leaving, Sai? That is your name, isn't it?" Orochimaru smirks. 

Sai. No last name? 

"Lead the way back, Akina." Orochimaru looks at me and I nod my head in response, then lead everyone back to the hideout. 

While we are heading back, my eyes keep wandering behind us because we are being watched. "Orochimaru," I look at him and he gives me a glare. 

"I know. Handle it, Akina." He orders. I nod again and stay behind. I take my sword out and sprint over to whoever was following us. 

'Got you!' My eyes slightly widen and I'm in front of the intruder. I use my sword and stab them through the chest. This one is also a leaf shinobi. A jounin. I can tell by the vest.