Chapt. 8: Zabuza Isn't Dead, What's The Difference?

"AAAAHHHHHHH! GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" 

"Sir! Her vitals are off the charts!" 

"Keep going. Increase the pressure to 160." 

"Yes, sir!" 

"GRRRRR!!! RAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" 

My eyes snap open and I find myself lying down in a futon, in somebody's house. What happened? Where am I? The last thing I remember was fighting Zabuza, then some other ninja grabbed him and took him away. Did I really take that much damage to allow myself to pass out? 

"Finally waking up? That's good." A woman leans over to me and I give her a glare. Who is this woman? I sit up from the futon and notice a bandage wrapped around my chest area. "It's best if you didn't move. You're recovery faster that way." I ignore the woman and rip off the bandage. "Hey!" She kneels down and blinks. "That's weird... Your wounds are all healed up..." 

Hold on, I was injured in the chest area? What happened exactly? "Akina! You're alright!" Naruto runs over to me and kneels beside me. "How are you feeling!? Are you feeling any better!? I mean, you took a nasty stab from Zabuza!" 

I got stabbed? Well, that explains the bandage. "Charging at Zabuza like that was reckless of you, Akina. You should have stepped aside and let me handled it when I was out of the water prison." Kakashi walks over to me. "You almost got yourself killed." 

"But she did take down one of the most powerful swordsman. So we'll be safe for a while." The old drunk comments. 

"Cut me a break, Kakashi." I glare at him. "I got the job done, and if you have used your sharingan any longer, you would have dropped. I managed to weaken him. I saved all of you before you all got demolished. Give me a little credit." 

"She does have a point, Sensei... I mean, if it weren't for Akina, Zabuza would have gotten all of us, and your sharingan would have weakened you, too." Sakura defends, or at least that was being defensive. 

"You're right." Kakashi sighs. "Sorry, Akina." 

"How long have I been out for?" 

"For about an hour." The woman tells me. 

"An hour? It felt longer." I rub the back of my head. 

"Well, at least it's all over and done with!" Naruto cheers. 

"No, it's not." I open one eye. "Zabuza is still alive. He isn't dead, and that other ninja didn't take him away. He saved him." 

"What!?" 

"What makes you so sure?" Sakura questioned. 

"Because of his weapons. He was using senbon needles and you saw where he had aimed it. The needles were thrown to his neck, hitting a vital to knock him out momentarily. He saved Zabuza so that we couldn't finish the job. He's still out there."