19th: No more lies

Start from the beginning

And once more, I got no answer.

Hanna's gaze hardened as well as judging. She tilts her head and look at us alternately. "Is that why you texted me to clarify that you're gonna come home late? Because you had your own moment here to squeeze his grape?"

For fuck sake.

"What the hell are you talking about? Shit — you don't know what you don't know." I say defensively on the charges. She thinks we were playing house here. This is too embarrassing to be assumed by a family member.

"Okay, okay just stop yelling that it's not important at the moment." She massaged his temples. "I can't believe you saw all of it — all of this. I'm dragging you into my mess."

My eyebrows fused. She is not only worried about this but about me too. "No, you — you don't drag me." I look at Alison who was watching us. "You will be surprised when you found out."

She shakes her head then take one step to get closer. "I think you should go home. Wait for me at home."

"What?"

She quickly turns to Oliver. "I know I shouldn't ask you a lot. But you already saw it all. But for the both of your sake, could you drive her home, please? Stay with her until I get back. Would you do that?"

Oliver nods confidently. "Of course. Of course I would. Don't worry about it. I'll keep her safe."

"Thank you." She turns to me again. "Just go home now. I'll explain it to you later."

I frown at her orders. "You can't do that. This will only complicating all of us."

"No. This is the best for a while. Can you do it for me? Please, Chloe. "

My eyes closed slowly. I have no other choice now.

I take a glance at Alison behind my sister's shoulder. I think she also wants me to admit everything to Hanna. "Fine. But... are you sure you're okay?" I ask worrily.

"I will be." She wraps a hand to pull me into her arms. I didn't expect it to make me even more unwilling to leave her even though her friends were standing by her side. She kisses my head before releasing a hug. "Now go."

"Okay." Oliver grabs me when I turn around. We prepared to walk back to his car before our steps were stopped by Hanna's words.

"Be careful. I love you. "

I stopped dead on my track. The tiredness mixed with guilt due to dishonesty as well as not having the guts.

I turn my head slightly. "I love you, too."

##

There are times when I prefer to be alone and away from others rather than looking for shoulder to lean on. Oliver didn't say anything along the way home. He wasn't as nervous as before, but I could still see the lightning of his worries.

I don't blame him.

We drove thirty minutes straight and finally arrived at my house. When I opened the door, I saw a lot of memories that suddenly flooding my head.

I saw mom was busy cooking for dinner, dad taught me how to play chess, and Hanna was absorbed in flipping through her Tiffany's and co catalog. We become normal and harmonious like an ideal family in general.

It's just a blur memory.

I say nothing to Oliver as I heading upstair. I grab the towel robe that hung behind the door of my bedroom. I removed all the clothes I was wearing and covered it with the robe.