38. Golden sand🦋

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Liza." He smiled amiably as he fidgeted on his feet. "Congrats."

"You guys talk, I'll be right back." Oli voluntarily left us alone. She didn't forget to take Rose with her.

We both shifted back and forth uncomfortably. There was an odd awkwardness in the air.

"So," David cleared his throat carefully, "Oli told me everything." He looked at me anxiously.

"She did?" I felt a lump in my throat.

"Yes." David nodded his head slowly. We fell silent again.

"Does..," I hesitated a little, "does Brant know about the truth."

"I tried." He shook his head. "But he told me if I mention anything related to you in front of him, he will sever every ties with me." He looked at me with a sad expression. "We are childhood best friends. He is like my brother. I became selfish. Sorry, Liza."

"Please, don't." I smiled sadly. "Everything just happened. And we just did what we thought was best at that time."

He smiled thinly at me.

"So, I think..." his sentence was cut by someone.

"Hello." Ron stood beside me confidently with both hands in his pockets.

"Oh, hi." David straightened up. "My name..."

"David Roy. Major is the history of cricket. Same college as Liza and currently dating my sister." Ron completed his long sentence before David could start, with a calm smile on his face. I looked at Ron with a gaping jaw.

WOW!!

"You know quite a lot about me." David smiled affably when he recovered his shock.

"Of course," Ron smirked. "I know every single thing about my loved ones. And you are dating my sister, who was never affected by anyone."

"That's true." I smiled reassuringly.

"Sorry for interrupting, can I borrow my bride for a dance?" Ron asked politely.

"Oh, I am so sorry," David gasped a little and promptly raised his both hands in a surrender pose.

"Please, she is all yours." He shook his head smilingly and stepped back a little. "Later, Liza." He smiled at me and left us alone.

"Ready for dancing?" Ron stretched out his hand graciously.

"I don't think it's a good idea." I pursued my lips unsure. "I don't want to be the laughable stock at my own wedding."

"Don't worry." Ron smiled indulgently as he held my hand lovingly. "I got you."

He slowly led me to the dance floor. Everyone scooted over to voluntarily give us some ample space. Ron put both of my hands on his broad shoulder and grabbed my waist securely.

"Now, step on both of my feet," Ron instructed me carefully. I arched my brows at him curiously.

"This is the safest way to dance without tripping." He grinned slyly.

I hesitated a little but followed his every instruction properly. I slowly stepped on his shoes. Ron started to sway both our bodies gracefully with the same rhythm.

"So, You spied on David," I asked Ron as we continued our dancing. He chuckled in a low tone.

"I just made sure, he is not a harm to my sister." He said as bit his lower lip lightly.

"Does Oli know?" I asked and he smiled at me slyly.

"Can we keep it a secret between us?"

"I'll think about that." I smiled mischievously.