31. Midnight Call🦋

I pulled out a tissue paper wearily and wiped the dripping sticky milkshake from my face carefully. I sighed and looked up tiredly at that bunch of foolish girls. They were from the other day, from the bathroom incident. The fake boob one, whose name I assumed Grace, by her friends calling her, was smirking in front of me, putting her hands on her waist.

"Oops, sorry!" Grace gasped with a fake expression, "My hand slipped! Are you Ok?"

Didn't they feel exhausted by carrying out these childish actions?

I chose to sit in the cafeteria. Because I thought they wouldn't dare to pull those silly pranks in the public space. But it seemed they didn't care about their public appearance at all. I looked around. People were looking at me and laughing mockingly. Some were taking pictures and videos to upload on their social media.

Suddenly my eyes met with Oli's. She was sitting with Rose uncomfortably. They both had a pained expression on their face. They slowly look away.

I sighed resignedly and concentrated on my cleaning. Thank god, I brought my extra change, for those kinds of critical emergencies. I threw the tissue paper in the dustbin just beside me and took out some wet tissues. That drink was too sticky.

Grace leaned a little towards me. "You should thank me!" she hissed. "Today I chose a healthy drink instead of some filth water."

Suddenly a recyclable Styrofoam coffee cup flew just beside her ear and landed in the dustbin. She gasped and stepped back a little with widened eyes by the sudden action. My wide mouth wasn't much different from her.

"How was it?" We all snapped our heads to the direction of the question.

Oli!

"Ten points!" Rose yelled happily.

"What was that?" Grace asked angrily at Oli when she was done from recovering her miserable shock state.

"What was what?" Oli asked her back innocently. "Recycling first!"

"You...you..." Grace lost her words.

"What?" Oli scoffed. "Are you gonna cry now?" Her expression slowly turned into a blank expression. "How childish! Grow the fuck up!" Then she glanced a little at me and turned to pack her stuff from the table. Rose also got up with her. Their eyes met with mine again when they passed me.

*********

"Fuck!" Anna only could utter a single word, when she saw me in that state. I smiled thinly and pulled out a grey t-shirt.

"I was prepared today," I told her with a smug face. I showed her my extra clothes.

"You look happy, today." Anna raised an eyebrow. I halted a little. Was it too obvious? Actually I was a little happy, from the afternoon incident. I knew that Oli and Rose were defending me. It gave my tightened heart a little relief. They cared about me. I sighed profoundly. I wished I could turn the time back and correct every single mistake.

"So, why did Ron come to your house last night?" Anna asked me casually while checking her eyeliner in the pocket mirror.

I froze on my spot. "How did you know that Ron visited me last night?" I asked her with a shocked expression. I haven't told anybody yet.

Anna looked at me and blinked a few times. "From the news."

"What news?"

Anna took out her phone and scrolled down. She held the phone in front of my face. I looked at the screen. There's a picture of Ron and me. Ron was gently holding the door and was saying something to me, while I was looking at him.