38. Golden sand🦋

Later that grand wedding flowed into the reception party smoothly and was in a full swing. Ron chose Leeds castle for our wedding. It was the world's loveliest castle and my most favourite. I was so surprised when I heard that we would hold our wedding there. It was my lifelong dream to have a private party in that enchanted castle. I didn't know why Ron voluntarily chose that castle, but I was beyond my ecstatic happiness.

After we had taken the vow, we gradually headed towards the castle's big open area where the splendid reception party was arranged. The warm sunlight was brimming through the long willow tree branches, making the dazzling white flowers glow. The grand castle and the open area was artistically surrounded by a lovely lake. And the castle's main attraction, pretty black swans, were swimming leisurely on the lake. Everything was just fairy-tale perfect.

There were likely thousands of blossoming flowers out there, serving as a pleasant fragrance. They had set the magnificent tent over a wooden dance floor which was set up on the luscious grass, under two of the ancient cedars, gracefully decorated in pale pink, glittering silver and irresistible ivory drapes with its sides open, facing the picturesque lake. A lavish buffet was arranged at the other end of the tent.

We had been blessed with fine weather. Things slowed down, relaxed as the late May afternoon surrounded us tenderly, the sun shone over that aesthetic lake. The little crowd spread out under the tent and around the lake, and we were again surrounded by the friends we'd just embraced. Lucy introduced me to other relatives and family friends. Ron was busy with his friends.

Some people were dancing merrily and laughing happily with each other. We already finished the garter ceremony. It was so awkward having Ron inside my gown. I requested Ron beforehand to toss the garter at Ian's direction. Ron had an amused expression on his face, he didn't ask me the reason, though. When Ian caught the garter, he looked so clueless. Rose came and took the garter from his hand with a wink.

I was sitting on a chair with Rose. Exhausted and tired with those fancy skittles. How could people walk with them? They were literally torture on feet.

Anna and Eva were roaming around the other area of the castle. It was a famous tourist spot. They didn't want to waste the rare chance to explore that attractive place as a VIP guest. Oli came to me with two champagne flutes in her hands. She extended one flute to me.

"Champagne?" She asked in a cherry tone.

"Yes, please." I took one from her. I usually didn't drink, but it was my wedding day. I really needed to get drunk.

"David wants to congratulate you," She said quietly as she was playing attentively at the edge of her glass with her finger like it was an Oscar, she just won after beating hundreds of competitors.

I blinked for a few moments like a stupid.

"David?" I asked her to make sure I heard right. "What is he doing here?"

"He is her guest," Rose smirked at me slyly. I looked at her confusedly.

She looked up at me with a shy expression.

H.O.L.L.Y.F.U.C.K.

OLI WAS SHY!

Suddenly I grasped the whole situation. I grinned at her teasingly. She went bright red as a ripe tomato.

"What!?" She said with a flustered look. "You guys told me to give him a chance."

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I and Rose both said wittily with the same smug expression on our faces.

"You guys are such a prick!" She huffed, annoyed as she tried to hide her shyness. She looked around and waved her hand to someone. I looked wonderingly at her direction. I could see David. Wow, who knew that David could scrub up so well?