30. Small Chat..🦋

When my phone alarm started to make the familiar sound at seven, I had to force myself out of my bed. I barely slept, I was tossing and turning all night. The last time I checked it was three in the morning and I wasn't sure if I had gotten any sleep or if I had been awake the entire time.

Arthur was sleeping, just beside me. His one arm was resting on his stomach and another one was covering his eyes. At night his hands reached out for me in his sleep, just to make sure I was still there.

I carefully brushed my hand over his forehead, gently pushing the mess of hair away, and moved down to touch the light stubble scattered across his sharp jawline. I didn't realise, when my little cute brother grew up so mature, that he became capable of protecting me. It should be me who would protect him, instead of him protecting me.

"I am sorry!" I muttered quietly. "For being a useless big sister."

His eyelids fluttered, and I quickly pulled away and stood to my feet. I didn't want to wake him up, yet. His sleep wasn't the least bit peaceful either.

I quietly entered the bathroom and cautiously turned on the faucet. The cold water burst from the faucet on my head. I waited patiently for the water to turn hot. I stood under the cold water without flinching to the direct contact with coldness. I was numb all over, so the cold water couldn't make any difference to me.

The shower was loud, and the water pressure was very hard, almost painful, but it did a good job of working away the gathered tension and pain on my muscles and brain.

After a few minutes later I turned off the faucet and stepped out. I was fully dressed in a pair of random jeans and a white t-shirt. I took my phone quietly from the nightstand. Arthur had turned over onto his back, and his face was set into a full frown. Without disturbing him, I swiftly left the room and headed downstairs.

When I reached downstairs I saw mom and dad were sitting on the dining table lifelessly, eating breakfast, silently. I vainly tried to walk out from them without making any loud sound.

CREEAAKKK.....

But my plan went in vain when that damn door unintentionally gave that shrill creaking sound. I closed my eyes tightly as I cursed under my breath.

"Liza!" Mom got up from her seat promptly when she saw me. She started to walk towards me with a little hasty step. My sore heart started to pound loudly. I didn't think I could talk to her at that moment. I needed more time to gather my self.

"Later, mom." I quickly opened the and fled out of my house, before mom could catch me. I yanked my car door open and climbed up hastily. I swiftly started the engine and soon hit the road.

*********

I climbed off of my car grimly when I finally reached my college. I looked around to see that everyone was whispering to each other while looking at me with disgusted looks on their faces. I sighed and pulled the hoodie over my head. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and headed to my classroom.

I entered my class and chose to sit at the end of the class. I completely ignore everyone's staring and whispering about me. People slowly started to enter the room and the class started to fill up. I was staring blankly at the front. Suddenly I saw Oli and Rose enter the room together. Their eyes met with mine. We merely stared at each other for a few seconds and then they averted their eyes with a hurt expression on their face. My eyes gradually got filled with tears. I looked down at my notebook. The tears and snots slowly started to flow and mix up on my face. They dripped together in my notebook.