6. Soccer🦋

The next day, for the first time in my life, I didn't shut off my alarm and got up earlier than usual.

In fact I was already awake before the alarm could produce any sound.

I always had a bad reputation for not being a morning person, and I never tried to get rid of that habit of mine. I love sleeping. Until noon if possible. But that day early in the morning my eyes flew open suddenly, and I couldn't sleep anymore.

I was actually waiting for my alarm to wake up.

I got up and started to scratch my super tangled hair as I slowly rubbed my eyes.

"Mmmm...." I stretched my arms and loosened my muscles. I went to the bathroom and took a long relaxing shower. I got pretty much more time than usual. Why not enjoy things slowly?

I opened my wardrobe and put on a pair of sea-blue jeans and a light purple t-shirt. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and picked up my phone. I checked myself in the mirror before heading downstairs. Everyone was eating in the kitchen. I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Good morning everyone." I greeted everyone. I picked up a half eaten hashbrown from Arthur's plate and started to nibble on it. Arthur glared at me.

"Good morning honey, how was your dinner party last night?" Mom pushed a plate towards me and poured some orange juice in my glass. I picked up my fork and stabbed a mushroom on my plate.

There was no way I could let her know that it wasn't just a simple dinner party but a gala. She would get more things to say about my last night dressing up.

"Yeah, It was good." I lied to her smoothly and started to chew my bacon.

"Hmm mm." Mom nodded her head while sipping her coffee. "Did you meet Oli's cousin?"

"Yeah," Arthur tried to steal a sausage from my plate. I slapped his hand away. When mom got herself busy with her black coffee I slowly straightened up on my seat.

"Umm, Dad," I called out dad very quietly with a nervous tone.

"Yes, honey." Dad looked up from his phone to me. Mom and Arthur also focused their attention on me.

"I need a car," I said out while looking down at my plate, "I have little savings from my old part-time job and the current job." I hurriedly added.

Dad and mom looked at each other for a moment, then dad cleared his throat, "Yeah, you should have a car on your own, now." He picked up his coffee. "Do you have any preferred model or brand in your mind?"

"I am ok with any brand as long as it is a pick-up car," I released a relieved sigh as I answered cheerfully. "And dad I am ok with a used one."

Arthur suddenly started to laugh hilariously. So hard, he almost choked on his food. When we all turned to him He stopped her laughing by force.

"Sorry, I just thought that only a pickup car would go with your dress sense." And again started to laugh savagely. Mom and dad also started to laugh gaily.

This little brat....

Mom raised her fist with a grin on her face. "Can I get a fist bump?" Arthur closed her fist with his while laughing. I rolled my eyes. Those people had nothing important to do in their life. I looked at dad.

Dad quickly stopped his laughing and composed a serious face. He turned to me. "Ok, I will check online, I am sure we will find something for you." He smiled indulgently.