9. Chemistry🦋

The next day I woke up very excited. I was going to be the owner of my own car, a real one. I was in a super cheery mood that day. I took a quick bath and put on some random clothes and headed to my work.

I was changing my clothes while humming the song 'HAVANA' with a little dance. Anna naturally noticed my bright mood.

"Someone is in a very good mood today," she told me with a raised eyebrow as she delicately put her mobile phone in the locker.

"Yup," I grinned at her. "I am going to have a car today." I guessed I was looking way too cheerful to be noticed by others.

"Oh, here I was thinking the possible reason maybe, yesterday's chocolate boy." she smirked as she wiggled her brows at me.

"Shut up." I blushed and hurriedly finished my change.

"Ok, but he was really cute." She laughed teasingly.

I quickly escaped from her teasing.

The day seemed bigger to me than any other day. I found myself checking the time every two minutes. I was feeling so excited and eager to finish my work quickly. Because, dad was going to pick me up. We would go to purchase the car he mentioned before.

When I finished my work, I received a call from my dad that he was waiting for me at the parking lot. I changed quickly back into my regular clothes and headed outside to find my dad.

Dad didn't bring his car. We decided to take bus. And we would come back by my new car.

It almost took us twenty-five minutes to reach our ultimate destination. The owner Mr. Smith was a nice and decent person. The car was his dad's which was only used for camping. His dad passed away a few months ago, so he eagerly wanted to get rid of that pick-up car because he was not a camping person.

After some minutes of negotiating, dad wrote him a check and he gave us the keys and paper to a white LDV T60 2018. The white paint was chipped in a few places, maybe the possible result of rough driving of the past owner. But still it looked in a very good condition.

I instantly took a selfie and sent it to Rose and Oli, with the caption 'My new car'. They messaged me back with a lot of emoji without wasting any moments. Mr. Smith politely asked us if we were interested in camping because he also had a sky-camp roof top tent in good condition. If we wanted it, he could willingly give us a discount. I promptly told him yes, before my dad could answer him. I begged dad to buy it. After some pout lips, puppy eyes and pleased dad finally gave in and we bought it with the car.

"Let's see, how is your driving skill?" Dad casually threw me the key and told me to drive.

"Woohoo, then be ready to get surprised." I smirked as I caught the key like a pro.

"Liza," I looked smilingly at him when he called me. "If your mom asked anything about the tent, just tell her we just get it free with the car." He winked slyly at me.

I needed a few seconds to properly understand what he was saying. A mischievous smile slowly spread on my lips.

"Roger." I instantly gave him a thumbs up and climbed in my new car.

Thank god, I finished my driving lesson beforehand. Inside the truck, it was nice and clean. Mr Smith had obviously cleaned it up, but the tan upholstered seats still smelled tobacco, gasoline and wood.

When I started the engine, it started quickly, to my surprise. Because the chipped painting gave me the wrong impression. There was a working radio and CD player, a plus that I hadn't expected.

It felt amazing to drive my own car. I no longer had to depend on other people or public transport and then, I could drive to my college and workplace without wasting my time waiting.