14. Citrus🦋

Honk. Honk.

I impatiently pressed my car honk loudly when I reached Rose's house. The front door creaked open and Rose came out hastily.

"Why are you so late?" Rose asked me with a grim tone as she yanked open the car door and about to climb up. She paused a little when she took a look at me.

"Wow, Liza, you look so chic." She slowly sat on the passenger seat.

"That dress really suits you." She wiggled her prominent brows at me.

"Yeah?" I smiled back at her. "Thanks."

I was wearing a dress, which one I purchased, when we went shopping for Rose. The other day we spent almost three hours helping Rose to pick a gorgeous dress for her special day.

I was wearing a dark blue knee-length body con dress with short sleeves, V neckline and allover sufficiently lace detailing. I wore matching flats with the dress. I should've bought a pair of heels with that dress.

I didn't just upgrade my dress sense. I also did a lot of work with my makeup.

Well, not me. All the possible credits should go to my mom. I willingly gave myself to my mom's capable hand for that grand party make over. She did all the work. My rebellious hair was pulled back into a loose stylish bun, with some loose strands of hair falling over the sides of my face. My plump cheeks were pinched with rosy colour, my eyes were smouldering with the creative touch of eye shadow and my glossy lips brushed over with a hot red lipstick.

Well, I thought I was kind of looking hot with my transformed look.

"This dress is stunning!" Rose squinted her eyes at me. "How come I missed that dress?"

"Shut up." I laughed as I started the engine. "You already tried and rejected it. I picked this up from your rejected pile of dresses." I rolled my eyes.

"Oops!" she winked at me slyly. "I guess I missed something good."

"Come on." I laughed gaily. "You are looking fabulous in that sexy dress."

She was wearing a red hot deep cleavage knee-length dress with golden glittery high heels. Her dazzled eyes were smoking hotly and her rosy lips were painted with a hot red shade.

She was looking sexy as hell!

She smiled happily. "Yeah? Do you think Ron will like my dress?"

How would I know?

If anyone asked me honestly, The more I acknowledged him, the less I understood him. It was so different to take a guess about the inner side of his head. But I smiled at Rose. "Of course, he will. Don't worry."

I didn't want to take any chances and voluntarily brought my car. I was sure Rose would be drunk again and I didn't want to bother Ron at his birthday party.

Rose told me Ron was holding his birthday party at his penthouse, so she was giving me the direction of his penthouses.

After like twenty minutes later, we finally reached our intended destination. A big high-class building dwarfed the other buildings around it and stood high and above.

When we were at the main gate, I found some private security guards were roaming that area. When we gradually approached them, they asked our name and checked out our id. They carefully looked at our name on the computer and finally let us enter.

We slowly pulled into an underground garage with lots of luxury cars. I felt a little down to see that most of the cars were new Mercedes, Porsche and Audi. Among all of them my truck stood out. I was completely out of that place. I cut the engine as soon as I was in a spot and got out swiftly from my car. A chauffeur was waiting at the elevator to accept guests.