32. Big Sister🦋

My eyes flew open as I woke up from my terrible nightmare gasping my breath. I was sweating and could barely breathe through the thick air. I felt so hot and suffocating. My breath was rushed, and I felt my throat was dry. I tried to regulate my breath and wiped my sweat-soaked hair away from my forehead. I turned my head slowly and looked at my phone. I opened my inbox and my breathing stopped again.

They were still there.

Those pictures were still there.

That wasn't only a nightmare. Somebody really sent me those photos. I closed my eyes and tried to remember.

"They are actually screenshots from the main video. Wanna see?"

It took a few seconds to recover from my shocked state. It was a private number. SO, I couldn't reply back or call. I stared blankly at my phone screen and licked my dry lips, vainly trying to make them wet.

Ring...Ring...Ring...

I almost dropped my phone on the ground when I got a call from that private number. I inhaled deeply to calm my anxious heart down. I pressed the answer button and clutched my phone to my ear.

"Who are you?" I demanded with a trembling voice.

"I assume you saw the pictures." I could hear a heavy male voice, completely ignoring my question with a hint of Albanian descent.

"Where did you get those pictures?" I queried him as I forcibly held my breath.

"I think you should ask, 'What do you want?' or something like that," The heavy voice solemnly answered me.

"What do you want?" I pinched my nose bridge hard. I had to act calm, or that bastard would get me.

"10 million euro." That odd voice answered again with a calm tone.

"WHAT!" I forgot to act calm.

"You heard me."

"Even if I hit the first prize of euromillon, I can't arrange this much money." I gritted my teeth. I knew that there would be some money issue. But I didn't expect that much. That person was crazy!

"That's not my problem."

"I am not a billionaire!"

"But your boyfriend MR. Ryan is. And I am sure this amount is just some mere pocket money to him." All of my blood rushed to my brain.

"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" I chewed out my answer.

"Like I said, I don't care what you are. I want my money," that arrogant bastard paused a little, "in five days ."

"What if I refuse?" I asked even though I knew the harsh answer.

"Come on, you are a smart girl." He clicked his tongue. "I was accepting better from you."

"Listen..." My words were cut by him bluntly.

"I will contact you again, after three days." His ominous tone sent me a grievous shiver down my spine. "Get ready the money." He said tersely, "Good luck."

I pulled back from the train of my fearful thoughts when a terrible cough broke out from my throat. I coughed a little and tried to catch my breath frantically. I don't know what I should do. No matter what I did, I knew very well that I couldn't arrange that amount of money. I felt so exhausted and so tired. I carefully picked up the glass from the nightstand to drink some water, but the glass was empty. I let go a long tired breath and made my way downstairs. My steps halted at the beginning of the stairs when I heard a sorrowful sobbing sound. I turned around to find that sound was coming from my parent's room.