26. Ignite🦋

(Author's Note:- "This chapter contains  mature content which is only suitable for 18+ readers.")

                           ************

Ron smiled as he slowly put his hand inside the inner pocket of his suit and took out a white oval box and placed it in front of me.

"What is it?" I asked him as I took another sip from my second glass of that expensive wine. Ron only took one glass of that wine and already gulped down at once way before me. I was taking my time to enjoy every sip of that good wine.

Ron opened the box instead of answering me and showed it to me. I choked on my wine. It was a simple gold chain, two sides attached with two star-shaped flowers and leaves. The flowers were golden rose coloured and each one had a diamond in its centre. There were also a pair of matching ear cuffs. The ear cuffs also had star-shaped flowers and leaves.

"What is it?" I asked him again as I looked up at him.

"This is a little something for you." He smiled at me. I straightened myself on the seat. I looked back and forth between Ron and the box a few times.

"Ron, I can't accept it." I looked at him straight. "It is an expensive gift to give a friend of your cousin."

He looked up at me. "Liza, it's not...." He tried to explain.

I maintained a calm look on my face. "Look, Ron. You don't have to feel guilty anymore. You already brought me here and gave me a nice and expensive dinner. That's already enough....."

"Excuse me." I paused because we were interrupted by that older lady, who was sitting alone a little far from us. We both looked at her.

She was probably around in her sixties. She looked so elegant in a dark purple lace chiffon party dress. Her smile seemed so lonely to me.

"Am I disturbing you guys?" The lady smiled at us warmly.

"No, not at all," Ron answered her quickly.

"Hello, my name is Julia. Actually, when I am looking at you guys, it kinda makes me remember my old days." She looked at me. "You see, today is our anniversary." I looked at her table, wasn't she eating alone?

"My husband died two years ago." She smiled at me when she saw me checking her table out.

"I am sorry," I told her with a sad tone.

"Nah, it's alright." She waved off the awkwardness. "Every year we used to celebrate our anniversary here." Her eyes became sad. "And for the last two years I came here alone to remember my old days." Her eyes started glittering like a five year old. "And when I saw you two, It just felt like Harry and me. You two looked so good together."

"Oh, no.....", I opened my mouth to clear the misunderstanding.

"Thank you." But Ron beat me fast. I looked at Ron confusedly. Ron mouthed me to keep quiet.

What was his plan?

"Oh my god, this is so beautiful!" Julia clapped her hands as she looked at the gift Ron brought. "Is it for her?" She asked Ron as she pointed her index finger to me.

"Yes," Ron smiled.

"You, silly boy!" Julia scolded Ron lightly. "You have no idea how to give a present to a lady." She pushed the box towards Ron. "You shouldn't give a necklace to a lady, by hand. You have to put it on her. Do you understand me."

I blinked.

Ron chuckled as he looked at me, then he looked back at Julia.

"Yes, mam."