22. Smell of burning🦋

This chapter contains little tiny mature details. Only suitable for 18+.

                       *********

I parked my car at the parking lot of the addressed building which Brant texted me the night before. I cut the engine and stepped out of the car. I opened my inbox on my phone to check the flat number and the entry code and entered it at the entrance door machine.

For that day, I chose to wear a yellow blouse with black A-line skirt. Sexy enough, huh.

"Please enter." A mechanical lady's voice granted me permission to enter. Next I had to look for a flat no. 8. There was a signboard with some arrow signs, which indicated which number of flats on which floor.

Number eight was on the first floor. It didn't take me long to find it.

I checked myself one last time on my phone before knocking on the door. I inhaled and exhaled sharply to calm myself down.

Click.

I represented a dazzling smile on my face by using all my teeth.

A bucket of cold water was sprayed all over my excitement when the door was opened by a giant built man who looked a little older than me, his hair was all buzz cut and his face was covered with light stubble. He was in a dark maroon t-shirt and light blue jeans. He was tall and had all shoulders and muscles, tanned skin. His hazel eyes were observing me impassively.

I blinked.

Brant told me he lived alone. Who was he? What was he doing there?

"Yes." He asked me politely with a mellow voice. "Can I help you?"

"Umm, I am looking for Brandon Wood," I informed him timidly.

"Liza." Brant came from behind the buzz-cut, smiling. He stood just beside the buzz-cut.

"Brant." I sighed in relief. Well, of course, he looked incredible with just a simple white body-hugging t-shirt and light blue jeans.

Brant looked at the buzz-cut. "Liza, this is Ian, we are neighbours." He turned to me. "Ian, this is Liza, my girlfriend."

"Hello, Miss Liza." Ian extended his hand to me. "Nice to meet you."

I took his hand and smiled amiably. "Yeah, nice to meet you too."

Ian turned to Brant. "I think it's my cue to leave. See you later Brant, Miss Liza." Ian smiled and politely nodded his head as he passed by me and entered the next door.

"Liza, please come inside." Brant opened the door wider for me. I smiled as I entered his duplex flat.

**********

Brant was extremely serious when it came about study. And with his help, I successfully completed my assignment. I just needed to review the work and give a double check. Then I was done.

"Should we order pizza for lunch?" Brant picked up his phone from the table and started to scroll.

"No need." I got up and walked towards his open kitchen merrily. "Let me borrow your kitchen."

"What are you doing?" He also got up and eagerly followed me. "I am going to make some Gnocchi. I brought the ingredients." I showed him my backpack graciously. I turned around and got myself busy with the ingredients.

"Shoot, I forgot to bring flour for the sauce." I looked at Brant helplessly.

"Should I go to buy some?"

He chuckled with a jolly tone and creaked open the upper cabinet's door. He carefully handed me over an opened flour packet. "I also cook sometimes, you know."