18. Because Of You🦋

Ring...Ring...Ring...

I groaned as I leisurely reached out my hand to my phone. I yawned prodigiously and wiped off the drool from my mouth. I took a look at my phone screen. A satisfied smile gradually spread on my lips when I saw the caller ID.

Brant.

I eagerly pressed the answer button and held it to my ear.

"Hey, love, good morning," A husky voice greeted me sexily.

"Dreamt about me?"

Pink dust slowly spread on my glowing cheeks.

"Shut up, who would dream about you?" I covered my eyes shyly, although I knew he couldn't see me. "If I am going to dream, It will be Chris Evans. Not you."

"Oh, believe me, we are almost the same." I could see the smirk on his face.

"Inside and outside."

"Shut up, you pervert!" I was red as a ripe tomato. The alarm on my phone started to buzz. I looked at the time. It was time for me to get up.

"Ok, listen, I have to get ready for college," I notified him as I already got up from my small yet cosy bed. I started to walk lazily towards my little wardrobe to get my dress.

"Alright, bye, see you at college." He paused for a few moments. "Love you."

I instantly halted on my step for a moment. It has been almost two weeks since we started dating. And I still couldn't get enough of him saying that to me. I bit my lower lip to control the shy smile on my lips.

"Love you too." I whispered gently, "Umm... bye."

"Bye." He hung up the phone.

I walked... no floated to my little bathroom.

**********

"Good morning." I greeted my dad and kissed on his cheek, who was sitting on the chair and sipping his black coffee. Arthur was also devouring some bacon from his plate. Mom came from the kitchen with fried eggs. I took the juice bottle and casually poured some into a glass and started to sip.

"Ok, I am off to the office." Dad finished his breakfast and kissed our cheeks before taking off for the office. "See you later everyone."

"Ok, everyone." Mom tried to capture our attention after dad left. "You guys do remember your dad's birthday, right?"

Arthur stopped chewing his bacon, which was half inside of his mouth and half was hanging outside on his lips.

My hand stopped in the mid-air which held a spoon full of beans.

We looked at each other.

We forgot! We both forgot! Thank god! Phew, I was not the only one who would get some scolding.

Mom was observing our reactions silently. Her stare slowly turned into a fierce glare.

"I can't believe you guys actually forgot." She gave us a disbelief look. "Look at me. I never forgot anyone's birthday."

"Ummm, you forgot my birthday," Arthur grinned at her. "You once told your friend that my birthday is on 9th March, instead of June."

Mom paused for a mere moment. "I was just teasing you, of course! Silly boy." Arthur and I forcibly suppressed our laughter. Mom really looked so adorable whenever she was nervous.

Mom cleared her throat. "Ok, so, we are going to arrange a birthday party for him. I am just planning to organise a simple party for him. And I want you guys to invite some of your friends."