catching feelings (4)

idrk how trigger warning works, (im embarassed) but i guess this is one?

amari's pov

we took off her things on the bed and sat down.

"y/n im sorry about bronny uhm i-" i spoke up.

"no no its not about him" she told me sniffing. i looked at her confused.

"its that, uhm well" she sniffed once again. i held her hand to at least get her to say whatever is making her like this.

"uhh, dad and mom—well dad caught mom with another guy last night" she said as she looked up at me with the weakest smile ever.

"it didnt really bother me but like i remembered it and everything clicked, you know"

"that i dont have a mom anymore" she said between sniffs and huffs as she looked up at me. 

"im so sorry" was all i got to say, whilst rubbing her hand.

"maybe i was mad pissed at bronny a while ago because of that. i brought my problems at school and everything just got into me" she told me looking up, giving me a weak smile once again.

"which i wish i didnt really. i shouldn't have gotten mad, it wasnt even that deep" she added.

"y/n, i, i dont really know what to say at this point i-"

"its okay, im just glad you're here" she told me with a smile. a real one this time.

we decided to go out to her backyard, and lied on the ground, get some fresh air.

"how is he?" she asked turning sideways to face me.

"who?"

"bronny" she told me. should i even tell her what happened?

"i guess he's okay" i managed to tell her.

"he's your friend you should know" she asked, a small chuckle following after.

"i guess he still is" i looked at her when she looked at me wide-eyed.

"we just got into a little misunderstanding" i told her slightly nodding my head.

"yeah, a little. i told you the truth, why cant you?" she told me.

"okay, i guess we got into a huge misunderstanding" i told her, putting the stress on "huge".

"thats it" i added.

we talked about a few things, when we decided to go back.

"i guess im gonna go" i told her, looking down at her letting out a sigh, a smile following after.

"can't you stay?" she looked up at me, as her eyes twinkled. so beautiful.

"i mean, i could but we have school tomorrow" i told her, giving her a small smile.

"okay then, i'll see you tomorrow" she said with a small chuckle.

"okay, goodbye" i told her chuckling as well, giving her a hug as i make my to the street.

"amari!" i heard y/n called out, i turned around to see her coming towards me. she placed her lips on my cheek. what the fuck.

"thank you. again. for being with me tonight." she said with a small smile as i smiled back at her.

"goodnight"

"goodnight"

somebody tell me this is not the mOST CLICHÉ thing i have ever written. also, im putting an end to "catching feelings" because i have decided to make this a book yEet. && i hoped this made sense with the last part because y'all were aT IT (if you know what im saying). i hoped y'all like this though. new chapter after this !! i love you mwah <333