pink skies

you decide to go out with your bestfriend for 3 years, bronny. he has been with you since 9th grade. its 5pm and you decided that you should go out and get some air.

"hey, do you want to go out?" you asked him on the phone?

"out.. out on a date?" he asked, confusion in his voice.

"no dipshit, just out" i said. he was just there, still confused.

"to get some air" i finished.

"oH, okay i'll be there" he said stutteringly.

"you're so slow sometimes" i said chuckling.

"not my fault" he said gigling after.

"aight okay, i'll see you. bye" i said on the phone.

"bye love you" he said.

"okay love you too" i said back and ending the phone call.

the thing is, i have liked bronny since 10th grade. i was planning to confess my feelings but i was too scared that our friendship will end.
i head downstairs as my mom greeted me;

"hey y/n where you going?" she asked politely. i love my mom.

"just to get some air" i told her.

"with bronny?" she asked smirking.

"are you psychic? but yes, with him" i told her giving her a hug from the back.

"okay then, be back soon y/n" she told me as i walk out.

"i will- aAH" i screamed when bronny came out of nowhere. he just stood there laughing his ass off as i was laying down on the grass. he took my hand and pulled me up, then my mom came out.

"what the hell happened?" my mom asked.

"good evening mrs y/l/n, nothing happened. y/n justm tripped." bronny said trying to hold in his laugh.

"oh look its my favorite boy in town" my mom said cheerfully as she walks towards bronny and giving her a hug.

"i thought i was yOUR favorite" i said crossing my arms like a baby.

"eehh," my mom said as i gasp jokingly.

"of course you're my favorite, you're my daughter."she said giving me a side hug and a kiss on the forehead.

we said our goodbyes and we went on our way. gladly, my mother invested so much for this house, so we had a pretty big house. we sat there on the grass and star gazed.

"what came in your mind to scare me like that anyway?" i said looking at bronny. him looking beautiful. as always. i was completely mesmerized.

"i dont know, it just did" he said as i was still looking at him. he turned aroud and face the skies quickly.

"oh shit"

"oh shit" i said, my heart started jumping as i sat up

"oh my god" we both said in unison as the skies turn pink.

"its so beautiful" i said looking so amused.

"i know" he said under his breath. i can fee him looking at him, but i didn't bother looking back at him.

"i feel like that's not the only thing that's beautiful" he said.

i look around to see what else is beautiful to him.

"where?" i asked turning my head.

"you." he said. i turned my head to look at him, as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"you're beautiful too." i told him, giving him a smile. he looked down, i put my finger under his chin to make him look at me. i cupped his cheek as i leaned him. hesitating whether to do this, or not.

but he did the move and closed the distance between us. i inhaled deeply amused by his actions. his hands moved to my waist pulling me closer, while my hands went to his hair. our lips perfectly synced. his lips tastes like mint. which you crave each kiss. we pulled away, heavy breathing coming from the both of us.

we both looked down and went back to looking at the skies. but, it wasn't the same. 

"uh, d'you, d'you want to go back?" he asked as he shot up.

"y-yeah, the skies ain't pink anyways" i told him chuckling after.

we walked back to the house, neither of us speaking.

"uh y/n" he spoke up. i hummed as a response.

"what happened earlier, i uh" he said stutteringly. i just stood there with a small smile on my face.

"i uh- fuck. i like you y/n. ever since." he confessed as he looked up, and i walked to him slowly.

"you see, you've been there for me whenever i do stupid shit, you make me laugh, you make me happy, you make me-" i cut him off by pressing my lips onto his, earning a smile from him. i pulled away with hands on his shoulder;

"i like you too, bronny james" i told him with a smile.

we head back to the house and we said our goodbyes.

"how is it?" my mom asked.

"it was perfect" i told her giving her a hug and headi g up to my room.

"goodnight mommy" i said.

i went to bed with a smile on my face. a night to remember.