Chapter 24

Chapter 24

-Katniss's POV-

I wait nervously on the doctor bed. When I told what happened, all did Doctor Harmony did was smile then say she'll be right back. Suddenly the door opens and I turn quickly to face Harmony, "Well?" I timidly question.

"Just as I expected, your pregnant." She says and my eyes widen with tears. My throat dries and I cover my mouth with my hand. Oh my god. Flashbacks hit me of Dandelion and I clutch the table. Tears pour down my face and I shake my head, "There must be some kind of mistake."

She shakes her head, "Nope. Came back positive." Holding up the pregnancy test. I grab it from her hand and stare at the big '+'

"How far along am I?" I ask. "3 weeks."

I sigh and thank her for her time. Then I exit with the test. Peeta's going freaking hate me! We are in risk of loosing another baby. I just go home and throw my bags down. I run upstairs to my room and slam the door shut. All the girls are home but the boys are gone. "Katniss? What did the doctor say?" I hear Glimmer ask. I whimper and slide down the door. "Kat?" I hear Annie ask.

I cry out loud and cover my face with my hands. "Brainless let us in." Johanna yells. "Leave me alone!" I scream. They pound on the door and I just cry. "Go get Peeta." I hear Clove. My eyes widen and I scream, "No! Please don't! He'll hate me!"

"Why?" They ask.

"Because I've ruined his life once again." I whisper.

"How?" They ask. I get up and fling the door open. They look startled at my action. "Because of this!" I scream and hold up my test. They gasp and look at me, "Your pregnant."  Annie concludes and I nod. "Because I'm such a terrible human being it will most likely end up like his or her's older sister!" I cry and fall on my knees. "You need to tell Peeta, he will understand." She says.

"I can't..." They don't understand.

They grab the phone and I crawl to them. "Peeta..yeah." Clove starts. "No!" I plead and curl up in a ball, crying. "You need to come home." She continues. I sob into my knees. "Please. Please, stop."

"Okay, bye." She finishes and hangs up. "What have you done?!" I scream at her. I pound my fists on the floor and scream. I hear the door open, "Katniss? Clove? Glimmer? Annie? Johanna?" He asks. I get up frantic and grab my test. "Get back here!" Glimmer yells at me as I charge to the bathroom. I lock the door.

I hear voices and the door opens with a worried Peeta holding keys. I cry more and bends down to me. "Baby you okay?" He asks. I shake my head no and the girls give us some privacy. "What's wrong?" He says, full of worry. I sigh and hold up my pregnancy test. His eyes widen and he grabs it then look at the plus sign. "We are having another baby." I cry, ashamed.

It happen the night after we had dinner.

He wraps his arms around me, "It's fine Katniss, it's okay." He whispers. I just cry into him. "I ruined your life once again." I say, whimpering.

"No Katniss. I know we aren't the best with babies but we can do this." He confidently states.

"Together?" I look up into his ocean blue eyes.

"Together."