Chapter 36

Chapter 36

~Katniss's POV~

"Cinna I'm nervous." I play with my fingers, eyeing my new red interview dress. "Don't be, I'll be right there in the audience to comfort you." He walks up aside me. "What if they hate me? The fate of the baby is in Peeta and I's interviews." I remind. He sighs and turns me by my waist to look at me in the eye. "You'll be fine. I promise." I nod faintly till Effie comes in, "It's time."

We exit my dressing room and into the line of the tributes. Everyone looks stunning. "Hey are you okay?" Madge comes up. "Yes." I lie. I'd rather not get Madge worked up. "The games are tomorrow." She is in tears. "Oh Madge." I pull her in a hug.

"Don't mess up your makeup!" Effie scolds. I push her away and scold her back with a stern look. Luckily for Effie, Madge didn't mess up her makeup. She sniffles and inhales then exhales deeply. "I'm not going to make it."

"Don't say that."

"I will kill myself if I have to anyways." She replies.

"Why would you say that?" The line gets shorter. "There is a loner victor and that victor has to be you and the baby, Katniss."

Then it hits me, my friends are going to be killed on purpose because I'm going to give birth into that arena if I like it or not. "Katniss you're up." Gale interrupts. I look up and a Capitol citizen helps me up the stairs with my growing bump. "You know her as the girl on fire! Get ready for Katniss Everdeen!"

I walk out and everyone, "Oohs." And "Aahs."

"Well, Well, Miss Everdeen." Caesar acknowledges my bump, "Someone is growing quite nicely."

I laugh. "A pain in the butt to carry. I can't wait to see her."

"What is her name? Have you decided?"

"Arabella Grace Mellark."

"What a beautiful name." Caesar smiles.

"Well aren't you getting pretty close to birth?" I shift on the couch uncomfortable at the mention.

"Yes," I sigh. "I know I have to give birth in the arena."

There is some gasps and whispers heard among in the crowd. I bite my lip and my eyes drop to the floor, ashamed of myself. I know I shouldn't be but I feel bad, I've been a bad example of a mother.

"Didn't you almost have a baby girl before?" There it is, the worst word of the sentence.

Almost.

I nod because my throat seems too dry to even speak. "Well Miss Everdeen, I hope you become an inspiring mother and stay strong. I wish you luck." He stands up and takes my hand, kissing it while I stand next to him. He throws my hand up and I watch as all crazy Capitol citizens uproar in cheers and chants of my name.

I exit of and that's when it happens, I cry. Surprisingly, I lean into Effie as she wraps her arms around me for comfort. "Come on dear, keep your chin up. Peeta's interview is on." She comforts briefly and I sniffle, tilting my head up slightly to watch the interview that is screened on the television.

"Welcome, Peeta Mellark." Caesar starts out. "How are you doing?"

"Well. I'm thrown in a death pool tomorrow so as good as it gets."

"I see," He frowns. "How does it feel to have your unborn daughter and mate thrown in there with you along with two friends."

"Terrible. But Katniss and Ari must live. I will kill myself if I have to." I squirm at his words but Effie pats my back. I can sense she's upset as well. She may be a quirky lady but she has emotions and cares about us.

"Are you thinking of having an alliance?" He asks. That's not something we had put much thought into.

"Gale, Madge, Katniss, Ari and I." He states firmly with confidence.

Caesar nods and his time is up.

"Well, that was the last interview. Goodnight Panem! Watch the Games tomorrow morning."

Then the screen darkens.