Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Katniss's POV)

I yawn as I slam my alarm clock. Then I remembered Peeta and I are going to finally tell the school that we are dating! I swear Delly better not mess with our relationship and the same with Gloss. I put on a red dress that shows a little bit of cleavage, stopping at the lower thigh. I run out the door and drive to school. When I get out Peeta's eyes lock mine and he wraps his arms around my waist. I laugh and give him a kiss forgetting no one knows. Everyone stands there gawking. Peeta and I laugh at how stupid they look.

The girls take me away and the boys take Peeta away swarming us with questions.

***AT GYM***

I head to the locker room getting changed, till I see her in the mirror. "What is it Delly?" I ask. "Oh nothing, just stay away from my boyfriend." She squeaks. "One, Not your boyfriend. Two, He's my boyfriend so...no." I yell. She slaps my face. "Stay away or you'll regret it." She growls. "Nope." I smirk. "Fine, if that's how you wanna play it." She screams and slices my arm with a piece of broken glass from the shattered bathroom mirror. I hold back a cry and sweep her feet kicking her in the stomach. She regains her posture and stabs me. This time I scream. She laughs evilly and pulls out a gun from her purse, Who the hell let's her bring weapons into the school! She shoots me 2 times and before everything goes black I see a pair of ocean blue eyes. "Katniss, stay with me." Peeta yells, sobbing. "Always." I choke out before I go into the light.

----At the hospital----

(PEETAS POV)

It's all my fault I should've been there quicker then she wouldn't have a 30% chance of living. 70% chance she could die. They will give her 2 weeks and if she doesn't wake up they are pulling the plug. I'm going to kill Delly, and if Kat dies I can never be the same. The group, Prim, Laura (Mrs.Everdeen but she told me to call her Laura), and I all wait praying heaven won't have a new angel who is only 16. She was too young! I start sobbing hoping Katniss will wake up. I remember our principle Mr.Snow and me have a talk about hope one day:

FLASHBACK

I am sitting in the principle's office because I didn't make the basketball team, and got mad then took out all my anger on a student who slapped Katniss's butt. "Hope." Principle Snow says. "Hope?" I ask. "It is the only thing stronger then fear. A little bit of hope is effective, a lot of hope is dangerous." He says, then dismissed me.

FLASHBACK OVER

Remember Peet, Hope is the only thing stronger then fear.