Chapter 41

Before you start reading, I decided to place a small selfie of myself above or to the side. Sorry for your eyes doll faces >.<

If you guys want to be friends with me because I guess I'm chill you can contact me by either;

Instagram: @ Larrys.Laugh

Kik; @ Hem.motional

Or just on wattpad messenger.

I answer all three sources.

But yeah, love you all and enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 41

~Peeta's POV~

There is only 6 people left in this arena. Katniss, Cato, Foxface, Marvel, Rue and I. 7 if you include Arabella but I count her and Kat together. Cato and Marvel are supposedly working together, Foxface is on her own and Rue, I'm not sure where she went.

When Madge and Gale passed, she disappeared. But her face has not lit up on the night sky yet. The most painful feeling is seeing your once friend's face aluminate on the sky, knowing they're gone leaves you with an empty feeling. Since they've been acting like bloodthirsty animals lately though, I've learned to handle this feeling quite well.

The part that hits Kat and I most is that no one could save them from themselves.

Speaking of my love, she has been a fighter lately. Even after all the blood shed and friendships broken, she remains with an unexplainable expression. I somewhat think that Arabella has a large part of her strength and courage lately. The small infant leaves a large mark on her mother's mind and heart. Which I'm incredibly grateful for.

I watch as I'm gathering eatable plants, Katniss playing peekaboo with our daughter by the river that gives a calming sensation from the quietly moving waters.

A canon goes off and I stand up immediately.

Who could that be?

Katniss walks over to me in fright while clutching the baby girl closely to her chest. "I hope it's not Rue or Foxface." She mumbles. Both of those girls helped in saving the baby and Katniss. A look of sadness and displeasure twinkles in her grey eyes. Yet it leaves as fast as it came since she hates to show weakness towards the cameras even though I can see she is slowly breaking. Each canon that goes off that signals a friend's death chips off a layer of happiness from the girl.

"It'll be alright darling," I try to convince her and she nods as if she's trying to do the same with herself. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss the top of her head.

"I promise." She kisses my cheek and does the same to Iris. I smile as she returns it.

"Let's get a move on shall we?"

:TIME FLASH:

The night is silent yet the sounds of crickets fill the air along with small splashes of water from the creatures that lurk inside of it. That is, until the horns sound and Foxface's picture shows up in the star filled sky.

I look to my side to see Katniss's eyes drop to her lap and her lips form into a scowl. My arm instantly wraps around her shoulder to give comfort. They weren't close but still it hurt. It hurt for a good person to be dead.

"Five people," She mumbles. "Five tributes are left in this bloody arena." She tosses a pebble in anger. I cradle Iris in my other arm that isn't around Kat's shoulder as I watch the dark night sky. My baby girl's steady breathes are heard and Katniss's small sniffles. I try to think of a future from this arena but it seems cloudy, as if there is none.

Maybe there isn't.