Chapter 35

Chapter 35

-Katniss's POV-

{Dream}

I see I'm in a white room but it's dark. There is only a faint light and it's on a lady that is holding a book, reading. I slowly approach her and tap on her shoulder. She turns around and smiles, "Would you like to hear a rhyme." I shrug and nod, a little frighten.

"Baby, don't cry.

It was the monster under her bed,

Baby, don't cry.

The fears build up in her head.

Baby don't cry,

Too late,

She's dead." She screeches and I hear a gun shot.

I turn around frantic and see my dead baby Dandelion. "Dandy..." I whisper and fall to my knees. "Honey, wake up! Wake up!" I cry hopelessly to my baby girl. I lay my head on her bleeding stomach, "Don't leave me again." I whisper. I slam my fists on the ground. "I'm done." I yell out. "I give up." I sigh. A figure appears. I haven't seen her in forever. Delly has a pleased smirk on her face, "I win?" She questions. A tear falls. "That says enough." She laughs evilly.

I'm a goner.

I wake up and Effie looks startled in front of me. "Are you okay, my dear?" She asks, quite concerned. "Yeah..." I exhale deeply, trailing off. "Well, get ready." She eyes me, then leaves. I get out of bed and put on my training uniform. As I enter the kitchen I see everyone is already ready. "It's time." Haymitch informs. We all nod and get in the elevator. I lace my fingers with Peeta's. He gives me a look and I just smile. He relaxes and we exit.

The elevator is filled with so much tension it's almost unbearable. Luckily the door opens and we get out, heading to the waiting room that holds the rest of the tributes. I chew on my lip and the last thing that Haymitch says is,

"Good luck."

The peacekeepers open the grey doors for us and we all enter. Tributes stare at us and I gulp before taking my seat next to Madge and Peeta. "District 1, Glimmer." They start out and Glimmer exits. They continue down the line of districts until they say, "District 12, Peeta." Anxiety rises in my stomach and I give him a good luck kiss before he leaves. I lean my head back on the stone wall. "It'll be alright," Madge encourages. "I promise." I nod gratefully for her comforting presence.

"District 12, Katniss." I take a deep inhale and exhale before getting up.

"Good luck Catnip." Gale smiles as I return the favor before leaving. I look around at the new atmosphere. Everyone looks pretty upset right now and I wonder what Peeta has done. "H-Hello, I'm Katniss Everdeen." I start out. "Well. Hurry on!" One game maker shouts. I nod, making my way to the bow and arrows. I pick up one and aim towards the human shaped target. I don't know what comes over me but instead I go over to the side and shoot. I continue to shoot until I make a clear message.

The Baby Lives.

Now, they look even more angered and I bow before saying, "Thank you for your consideration." Then I exit. Hopefully I won't get too much of a lecture from Haymitch and Effie. It was worth it at least. But I'm dreading the interviews tomorrow. Cinna will help with the outfits thankfully. I wouldn't be able to make it throughout this whole thing without him and of course Peeta. Somewhat Effie and Haymitch as well.

-Time Flash to the Penthouse-

Let's just say Effie wasn't too pleased about my actions but she wasn't about Peeta's either. Peeta painted a picture of the baby with a victor crown upon her head with me aside her. Madge and Gale were the only two who did as told. Haymitch was laughing his drunken butt off at Effie's outburst.

They show the numbers and I got 12, Madge got 8, Gale got 10, Peeta got 11, Cato got 10, Glimmer got 9, Clove got 11, and Marvel got 9.

Let the interviews begin tomorrow.

A/N: IM SO SORRY GUYS HOLY...I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON. OKAY I PROMISE TO UPDATE TOMORROW I PROMISE! AND 22K READS WHAT! I was only 10 when I wrote this so I'll be editing the MANY spelling errors😂 THERE WAS SO MANY REQUESTS TO UPDATE AND THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY ENJOY MY WRITING! ALSO I HAVE A SURPRISE!

*drum roll*

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY! I know! EXCITING?

🎯Jocelyn🎯