Chapter 43

Chapter 43

~Katniss's POV~

"Let him go!" I scream and try to get my Peeta, Cato snickers.

"You're pathetic." He shoves me and I screech as he does this. Peeta finds the anger and willpower to get out of the chokehold and elbow him.

:REWIND:

"The last chance to get all supplies from the cornucopia is tonight. You have one hour. Good luck." Seneca Crane's voice rings throughout the arena.

"Peeta we need to, animals are all killed, the only food left is poisonous. We either die of thirst or starvation or go." I stand up trying to convince him.

"Cato is the last one besides us." He shakes his head with a frown upon his lips. "It's practically suicide."

"It's suicide to not go!" I throw my hands up.

He sighs and scratches the back of his head.

"I don't know Kat."

"We have to, it's our last chance." I remind him.

"Fine, stay close to me. It's going to turn dark soon and Cato will surely try to gather every supply in that cornucopia." He gives in. I nod and gently pick up Ari. Wrapping her in a sponsor given pink blanket, I hold her tightly against my chest. I follow behind Peeta as we exit and make our way to the cornucopia that's a very short walking distance.

I listen and watch carefully the surroundings around us. We all stay quiet in our movements. Then finally a glimpse of the silver sculpted cornucopia is shown. "Remember, stay close. Stay quiet." He mumbles and I nod.

"We have to be fast about this." I add and he takes a shaky breathe before he starts counting down.

"One," He starts.

"Two," I continue.

"Three!" We say in sync. My legs start to hustle along with his to the building. We began grabbing water and food items until a familiar tall and built shadow is seen.

"Peeta!" I start to shout to warn him but it's too late.

Cato grabs the blonde baker boy and sets him in a choke hold.

"Well, isn't it weird seeing you here." Cato laughs harshly with a tug grip on Peeta. He struggles to get free from the more built boy.

"Such a shame. You got through till the ending only to see your lover die." He spats. Anger beats in my chest.

"Who first? Bread boy?" He suggests, and tugs Peeta's throat back. Peet's face begins to turn a unhealthy shade.

"Maybe girl on fire?" He smirks towards me but his gaze shifts towards the pink blanket that I dearly hold onto.

"Or, possibly baby Arabella?" He fake pouts. My eyes widen and I back up from him, not letting him have view access to my child. I then set Ari down on a carrier a sponsor left on the cornucopia just for Arabella and start to charge at him.

"Let him go!" I scream and try to get my Peeta, Cato snickers.

"You're pathetic." He shoves me and I screech as he does this. Peeta finds the anger and willpower to get out of the chokehold and elbow him.

The two boys begin to brawl it out. Punches are thrown, kicks were exchanged, blood was running down their faces. I decide a perfect moment to kick Cato in the nose.

The night darkens quickly a howl that sends absolute chills to my bones stops the wrestling and shouting between the last tributes. I run over to arabella and clutch on to her.