Chapter 7

Chapter 7

3 months later

-Katniss's POV-

DREAM

A little girl is running around in the meadow. She looks about 7 and has blonde curls and bright blue eyes with bits of grey in them. She picks a dandelion and runs over to me. When she hands the dandelion to me, she turns into a 12 year old.

She points to the dandelion and says, "Rebirth, Promising that it will be better again."

Then she disappears with me just staring at the dandelion.

DREAM OVER

I wake up and see a dandelion on my bed. My eyes widen and I scream. Prim rushes into my bedroom, "What is it?" She questions, concerned.

I tell her my dream. "Oh." Is all she replies.

I look at the clock and see its 9:00. Today is Saturday and Prom is next week. All the girls including me already got asked out by their boyfriends. I go downstairs and eat some toast with ice coffee.

I decide to have a sleepover at our house. Prim is sleeping at Rue's and mom is working practically all day, the same with Plutarch today. I text the group and everyone is coming over at 5:00 which is when Prim goes to Rue's.

Prim and I watch some movies until Rue's mom, Rose, picks Prim up.

The group comes in only minutes later. We hug and I grab Annie's hand. "Annie I had this dream, where a little girl about 7 with blonde hair and blue eyes picks a dandelion from the meadow." I begin explaining. "Then she hands it to me. When I get handed the dandelion she turns into a 12 year old and points at the dandelion and says rebirth, Promising all things will be better again. When I wake up there is a dandelion on my bed. Nobody put it on my bed or anything." I ramble, extremely freaked out.

"Calm down maybe it's just," She trails of, searching for the right word. "An unusual convenient event." She shrugs her shoulders. I nod, "Very unusual." I agree.

We head back in. After hours of stupid conversation and such, it's 10:00 and everyone is asleep. I see the same little girl as she sits next to me. What? I'm not sleeping though...

"Hi Mwommy!" She squeals. I slightly wave at the Toddler who I guess is my imaginary child, we stares at me with her huge blue eyes suddenly she gasps and I can see pain in her eyes. I look down and see an arrow has entered her stomach. "No, no, no." I mumble.

"Goodbye Mwommy." That's when her body goes limp in my arms. I just scream. The toddler that was once in my arms disappears and Peeta rushing to me. He picks me up and cradles me. I just keep gasping for air.

"What happened?" He asks, genuinely worried.

I tell him my dream, the dandelion on top of my bed, and the dead toddler. I shake the whole time I'm telling him. "Oh god." He trails off.

I look at his eyes, the exact same pair as the toddlers. I touch his face scared. "What is it?" Peeta asks.

"Your eyes...they are the exact same pair as the toddlers in my dream." I whisper. He just smiles and cradles me. I eventually fall asleep.