Chapter 5

Chapter 5

1 week later

(Peeta's POV)

Same routine, sit next to Katniss begging her to wake up, not eating or drinking, just waiting. I sigh and kiss her head. "Katniss, please wake up you're my world, you only have a week left. I love you so much please Katniss if you don't wake up and they pull the plug I don't know how to live." I start sobbing. "Please Katniss stay with me?"

(Katniss POV)

I'm so sick of this I have to open my eyes, "Please Katniss stay with me?" I finally push my eyes opens done with his hopeless begging. "Always." I croak out. His eyes become alarmed and he sees me. "Katniss!" He yells. He presses the button and the doctors come bursting in. They all looked shocked. "How is this possible?" He checks his clipboard, amazed that I'm awake. "It's called love, sir. It can awaken even the dead." I smile, interlocking my fingers with Peeta's.

"When can I leave?" I ask. "As soon as your husband signs the papers." He says. I look at Peeta we are both turning pink. "He's my boyfriend." I laugh nervously. "Oh sorry. Please excuse me." He apologizes, walking out. Peeta signs the papers and we head out. "Peeta!" I whine. "Yes, babe?" He asks, concerned. "My legs are like jello." I giggle, wobbling. My legs aren't fully used to walking yet. Peeta picks me up and asks, "That better?" I smile, "Much better." I yawn and fall asleep listening to Peeta's steady heartbeat.

11 months and 2 weeks later

(Katniss's POV)

I smile and get up. Today is Peeta and I's one year anniversary. I get a kik from him,

Peeta🍞: Hey babe meet me at the meadow at 5:00 for our anniversity.

Katniss🔥: have anything planned?

Peeta🍞; maybeeee

Katniss🔥: okay love you

Peeta🍞: love you too babe

My heart flutters when he calls me babe. I can't wait I gotta text the girls.

(A\N here are there usernames

Dancingarcher: katniss

Datboywithdabread: Peeta

Thegirlwiththeknives: Clove

Theboywiththesword: Cato

Seaprincess: Annie

Godofthesea: Finnick

Treeboy: gale

Iwillputanaxeinyourface: Johanna

FashionistaBaby: Glimmer

Marvelous: Marvel

Okay back to the story)

I make a conversation with the girls,

Dancingarcher: GUYS EMERGENCY

Seaprincess: OMG WHAT HAPPENED??!?

Dancingarcher: it's Peeniss's one year anniversity!!

FashionistaBaby: WE GET TO GO SHOPPING!!

Seaprincess: YESSS!!!

Iwillputanaxeinyourface: ugh fine!

Thegirlwiththeknives: kk meet at Kat's house?

Dancingarcher: yeah!

Seaprincess: see you in a bit guys.

I turn my iPhone off and put on skinny jeans, converse, and a random shirt. I braid my hair and put on minimal makeup. I hear a knock at the door and open it to reveal all the girls. Annie and Glimmer grab me and pull me outside. Glimmer and Annie are fashion freaks, Clove and I don't mind it then Johanna hates it. We all head to the mall to get my dress.

5 hours later

Okay I got my nails and toes done, a facial massage, my hair and make up done, all I need is the outfit. Finally I found a perfect dress and shoes. It is peach pink color and ruffles all over it, With spaghetti straps. The shoes are also a peach color 4 inch heals. Then I have gold bangles and hoops on.I know I probably sound like a Barbie doll to you, but it actually looks pretty good. I bid the girls goodbye as I drive home. I park the car and put everything on.

Perfect! I hear a knock at the door and instead of Peeta it's a random man who has an evil grin. "Can I help you?" I ask. "Yes I just need one thing." He says stepping towards me. "And that is?" I ask rather creeped out. "You." He says grabbing me, I let out a scream but nobody's home. Peeta pulls up and sees me.

He sprints towards the man and punches him, knocking him out. I call the police, they ask a couple questions and leave. I hug Peeta, "I don't know what he would do if you didn't show up." I say, fidgeting uncontrollably. "I'm here for you don't worry." He assures me. That's what my dad said but can I be so sure? Peeta and I have been best friends for as long as we can remember but my dad was the same until his passing.