Chapter 12

Chapter 12

-Katniss's POV-

"Your baby is gone I'm so sorry." He answers. I cover my mouth to try to muffle the sobs. There was 2 dreams about the baby girl. The first one to tell I'm pregnant when Dandelion came up to me and said I was her mommy, then the second...

When the arrow found her heart and she died in my eyes meant the miscarriage. I still have to push her out though. After the labour they give dandelion's body.

Before I left I grabbed a dandelion so I could give it to her. I take the dandelion out of my coat and open her hands, putting the dandelion in it. "Rebirth, promising life will be better again." I sob and kiss her forehead.

I put her in a blanket and I just stare at her. She has chubby cheeks, pale skin, and a peaceful face. I want a funeral for her, Peeta must be thinking the same thing because he nods agreeing with me.

We organize everything. I call everyone to meet at the graveyard wearing all black. They don't know about Dandelion and it's going to be hard. I put on a regular black dress with a black sweater and white pearls.

I add smoky makeup to my eyes. I grab Dandelion and hug her close to me. We arrive at the graveyard and they gasp when they see me holding a baby body in a blanket. They can't see she's dead.

"Katniss.." Cato starts but I put my hand up and head to a tombstone that says "DANDELION ASTER MELLARK." Printed in big letters. I put her in the small hole and lean over and kiss her head. She gets buried with the dandelion.

Everyone hugs me and cries with Peeta and I. We all drive home and when arrive I run upstairs to the bathroom.

I lock the door and curl into a ball on the floor. "Katniss please don't do anything stupid." Peeta whispers.

I just shake on the floor. Peeta somehow unlocks the door. I shake and sob. I jump up and grab one of pClove's throwing knives And throw it. Luckily Peeta ducks.

The group rushes upstairs. "Katniss!" Annie shouts. Cato and Finnick grab me. I scream and jump up. Kicking both of their stomachs.

I run out the door.