Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Katniss's POV)

I wake up hearing my own screaming while someone is shaking me. I open my eyes to be met by ocean blue eyes that can only belong to Peeta. I have tears streaming down my face and Peeta wraps his arms around me. I can't help but feel fireworks go off wherever he touches. I know I already have a crush on Peeta but I won't tell him because that would ruin our friendship and he would never like me. Anyways he starts whispering soothing words in my ear and pets my hair. He knows it calms me down and knows I get these nightmares every night but when he's here to wake me up I calm down a lot faster.

I finally settle down and he asks, "Is it your dad?" I nod. He just kisses my forehead and heads over to his sleeping bag but before he makes it I grab his hand. "Stay with me?" He gives a little smile "Always." He says.  I snuggle up to him as he has his arms wrapped around me protectively and my head on his chest. I listen to the soothing beats of his heart. We sleep together usually because of the nightmares ever since my dad died Peeta has been there supporting me. I smile at the thought and fall asleep.

(Peeta's POV)

I wake up and see Katniss in my arms. I smile at how peaceful she looks in her sleep. I hate to see her cry and have nightmares of her terrible past. I look at everyone and notice glimmer is missing, she must be at the airport to get Delly. Yuck Delly. I shiver at the thought of her touching me and calling me babe thinking I'm one of her boy toys. I will never love Delly, I will Always love Katniss. I have ever since we met which was since we were 2 and that's a young age to love but I don't care she is out of my league anyways. Even when the boys and their girlfriends say Katniss loves me too. I believe them, she does love me not in love with me.

There is a difference.

I sigh and wake everybody up.

(Glimmers POV)

I wait for Delly in the airport. C'mon we got school! I check my watch for the millionth time till I see her. I wave her over and she finds me in the crowd and runs in her 6 inch got pink heels while smacking her gum. "Hey Glim!" I remember what my mom said to me, "Be polite and try to be her friend.", "Hey Del!" I fake smile. She hugs me and smiles."C'mon we got 40 minutes to get school." She jumps into my silver convertible that has many tiny sparkles all of it. We finally get ready and head to school.

*****AT SCHOOL*****

(Katniss's POV)

Everyone gets out of their cars and waits for Glimmer and...Delly. Soon I see Glimmer get out of her car and sprints towards us obviously trying to get away from Delly. Speaking of the devil..."Hey babe!" Delly says, hugging Peeta. Peeta's hands stay to his sides and doesn't hug back. "Delly, I'm not your babe can't you get that in your stupid  blonde head!" Peeta says pushing Delly away. Delly just sighs and gives me a death glare while wobbling away. Whatever. We all walk to our classes.

---Ms.Wiress (Math) Class---

Ugh! Math is so boring! I don't even know why Ms.Wiress is a teacher, All she does is stare at the clock rocking back and forth saying tick tock. It's pretty scary though, then again she is like this because her husband Mr.Beetee died, He made bombs for the army and one exploded and he was too close and so were some other soliders, it's pretty sad.

Peeta and I are just passing notes. Nobody talks in Ms.Wiress's class because a boy named Thomas learned that the hard way. He was new and a talkative person and didn't know how Ms.Wiress acted so he started a conversation. As soon as he turned around and just said, "Hey" to Melissa, Ms.Wiress screamed such a high pitch scream that Thomas turned deaf and she threw the meter stick at him which made a gash in his head which he had to get stitches for.