Chapter 15

Chapter 15

-Katniss's POV-

My mom comes into my room, turning on the light. "What?" I groan and I see her with all my bags packed.

"Mom?" I ask, unsure of what she is doing or what to think of it.

"Sweetie, we are moving." She all of a sudden announces. "No!" I immediately shout. "Katniss, I found a new job in the Capitol as a professional nurse." She explains briefly. "But Peeta.." I begin to complain. She shakes her head, "I'm sorry dear but you're not old enough to live by yourself and Plutarch's business is getting worse so we need the money.." She sighs with fake pity towards me. "Go and tell your friends goodbye. You have till 4." She allows and I nod too upset to argue with my mother, it's 2:50

I put on a white shirt with black shorts and black converse. I run to Annie's house and tell her the news with Clove, Glimmer, and Johanna. We cry and bid our goodbyes. I go to Cato's, then Marvels, Finnick's and the last one...Peeta's. I knock on the door and he answers rather happily. "Hey Kat." He kisses my cheek. "P-Peeta I'm moving to the Capitol." I cry, my makeup running down my cheeks.

"No! Katniss please...there has to be some way." He begs, shaking his head then hugging me. I shake my head also, "I have to."

"I'm going to miss you so much." He kisses me.

"I love you so much Peet." I cry.

"I love you so much too Kat." He repeats.

I look at my watch and see it's 4:00. "I have to go." I mumble and kiss him one last time.

"No..." He whispers. I run to my house and see Prim crying, hugging onto Rory for dear life. Rory is her boyfriend. "Prim we have to go." My mom reminds, pulling on to her. "No!" She shouts. "Plutarch." My mom growls to him. Plutarch grabs Prim and throws her on his shoulder. She screams high pitched and kicks. "Rory!" She screams. "Prim!" Rory yells. I climb on top of the car. "Katniss! Get down!" My mom yells. I bring 3 fingers to my lips and put them up. Doing the 4 note mockingjay whistle. "Goodbye district 4." I cry and get in the car.

I put my headphones on and cry silently. I look out my window as we pass the Mellark Bakery. "Peeta." I whisper and Prim cries as we pass the Hawthorne house. Suddenly I see a car next to ours and the window rolls down. It's Peeta. "Peeta!" I yell and put my arm out. He does the same and he hold hands. "Stay with me?" He asks and our car turns, braking our touch, "ALWAYS!" I yell.

I will never be able to see him again. "Katniss, Prim, it will be good for you." My mom all of a sudden says. I open my mouth to scream in deny at her but Prim beats me to it. "No! It's not okay! How we can just leave without not being totally upset? Katniss just started healing after the incident with Dandelion! Now this! You're putting every ounce of weight on her shoulders! You're being a selfish bitch!" She spats at our mother as I'm taken aback at her tone and confidence. "Primrose! Watch your language!" My mom scolds. "I want Rory and I bet Kat wants Peeta because they love each other so freaking much!" Prim screams at her again.

"I just want a mom that actually cares for once!" I scream. "Katniss Shrader Everdeen hush!" My mom shushes me, "Excuse me!" I stand up. "As soon as I'm 18 I'm leaving!" I shout.

"Go ahead." Mom rolls her eyes not caring the slightest bit and I scoff then grumble, "What a great mother."

I just want Peeta.