Chapter 14

Chapter 14

-Katniss's POV-

"I don't need a babysitter!" I growl.

"We are genuinely worried for you Kat! You been smoking and drinking!" Clove argues.

"You don't understand!" I snarl.

"It wasn't your fault!" Glimmer yells.

"Sure it wasn't..." I mumble.

"KATNISS SHRADER EVERDEEN! CAN'T YOU GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD? IT WASNT YOUR FAULT AND YOU COULDN'T OF DONE ANYTHING TO STOP IT! YOU ARE TURNING INTO YOUR MOTHER. AN EMPTY SHELL! ALSO IF YOU DONT EAT MORE YOU WILL DIE OF STARVATION AND IT IS VERY SELFISH TO DO THAT TO THE GROUP. ESPECIALLY PEETA! HE CARES SO MUCH ABOUT YOU AND ALL YOU DO IS MOPE AROUND. I GET YOU ARE SAD ABOUT YOUR BABY LIKE ANYONE WOULD BE BUT HOW DO YOU THINK PEETA FEELS? HE HAS NO ONE TO COMFORT HIM WHILE HE IS FEELING THE EXACT SAME PAIN AS YOU. HE LOVES KIDS LIKE YOU TOO. STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF FOR A WHILE AND LOOK AROUND YOU AT THE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU! STOP BEING SO SELFISH GOD DAMN IT!" Annie screams at me.

Everything Annie said to me is true. Peeta deserves comfort, I'm selfish, an empty shell.

Sobs wrack my body, "I-I-I'm so sorry!" I begin to wail.

I get up and run downstairs to Peeta. Tears stream down my face. "I'm so sorry I didn't comfort you. I shouldn't of been so selfish." I cry and hug him.

"I understand but sweetie it wasn't your fault." He says.

I nod.

"Okay." I sniffle. "Let's go to the park." I suggest. He nods and takes my hand and we walk to the park.

When we arrive I lay down next to him, our fingers laced together, and we are staring into each other's eyes. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He whispers back and we share a kiss.

"Stay with me?" I ask.

"Always." He says and I believe him.

For once, I actually believe him when he responds with this.