42. Saving Their Marriage

Three of Ryuichi's men dragged the lifeless body and took it out of their sight.

Yukio remained silent and just followed Ryuichi's actions with his eyes instead.

When the latter stepped inside the house into the wide living room, Yukio followed even without being invited.

Just like what he said earlier, he wouldn't leave unless they talked.

"You have his feelings and memories, right? Are you not going to take revenge for that?" Ryuichi suddenly stopped walking and faced him.

"It is because I have his feelings and memories that I barely feel anything now."

"Ah, you can also be this cold. It seems that I have also underestimated you." Ryuichi smirked and walked closer to him. "So tell me, Mr. Yamamoto, why did you marry me? Was it because of what he left you with? Or..." He touched Yukio's face in a mocking kind of gentleness. "Did you lack excitement in your previous life?"

"If I only wanted to have an exciting life, having his wealth was more than enough." He didn't flinch with the obvious insult and also didn't look away.

Yukio couldn't explain it but somehow, all the fear that he felt, all the anxiety and all the doubts, evaporated into thin air. He didn't care about pain anymore. He didn't care about anything at all.

One way or another, Ryuichi must come back home with him. He won't give up this time. He won't back down as well.

He felt a different kind of courage. Was this the thing that people said as, when you were fighting for your love, not even a bullet could stop you?

He sneered at himself in his mind. "Yeah, I think I'm going crazy now. He loved you and you loved him, maybe even until now, you love him. But what can I do? I also love you, even more than he ever did."

"Then, why?" The Alpha stared straight at him and he could feel the floating domineering pheromones in the air trying to subdue his courage.

"Because I wanted to." He swallowed a lump of air in his throat trying to steel his heart and fight the intimidating power of the Alpha's pheromones. He knew this was the last chance he had to speak about himself in front of this man and he might end up dead after.

"I don't care anymore if you believe me or not. I died a happy person. I didn't want any of his wealth or any part of Quantum. I know I don't have the right to desire anything in this life because I am nothing here. But... but is it too selfish if I wanted to have you for myself?"

It was Ryuichi's time to stare at him in silence. The Alpha didn't respond and it was hard to tell what he was thinking just by reading the complicated emotions on his face.

"You're mine." He seriously and tightly held the hand that was touching his face but he didn't move the other's hand away. "I don't care if this body is mine or not. But you, you are mine, Ryuichi. I will not give you up to the past. I will not give you up to him." He glanced at the gun that was still in Ryuichi's other hand and looked at the latter's eyes again. "I will never regret being selfish. Marrying you and loving you this much is the only good decision I've made in this life."

"You haven't considered the possibility that it is him I love and not you?"

"If you choose to kill me here, I don't intend to go against it. I understand and I'll accept it." Yes, he was up and ready for that. It was his fault that this secret got dragged for so long anyway. "But if you don't, I will make you love me. And I'm willing to spend the rest of my life making that happen."

Ryuichi didn't answer but just stared at Yukio's eyes.

He didn't expect that at this very stressful moment, the young man he married would be able to say those words. Calmly at that, and so sure with each word that he uttered.